Some ai question

Hi All

I have tried the newest version of ams and i really appriciate the ai updates however i have some issues.

In some tracks and series when they lap another car they overtake them too wide and they run off the track to the grass so they lost a lot of time.

Also when they wait for rejoin the track after a spun off sometimes they wait too much and retire from the race.

I would like to ask what number should i put in plr regarding the updste to the following line:

Autosmoothline?

Its default 0, should i put here 1 or 3?

Thank you for your help in advance

That's another issue. All Reiza AI cars have talent files that describe their behaviour. One key parameter is the "Speed" parameters (goes from 0 to 100), which tells the game how fast that AI car will go.
When you put your car under AI control, since there is no talent file for you, seems like your car will be assigned Speed=100 (fastest possible within AI). Since there's never a talent file with Speed=100 (already check several ones from Reiza), your car will be the fastest bot in track.

That's another issue. All Reiza AI cars have talent files that describe their behaviour. One key parameter is the "Speed" parameters (goes from 0 to 100), which tells the game how fast that AI car will go.
When you put your car under AI control, since there is no talent file for you, seems like your car will be assigned Speed=100 (fastest possible within AI). Since there's never a talent file with Speed=100 (already check several ones from Reiza), your car will be the fastest bot in track.

Any advice on how to even things?

You have to up the AI stored in the game. So if you are racing against 96% AI, when you have over to the computer to start driving your car for you, yes, by default it will make that driver a 100% speed stat driver. And yeah, it will be faster. So just try to get as close as you can skill wise to 100% whatever series you race. The same is applicable going the other way round though. I used to race a DTM mod I made myself years ago, I used to race with the AI skill level set at 115%. I was fine, but as soon as I needed to have a break or whatever and let the AI take over for a short period I'd come back to find he'd lost a load of places in the race, because the AI bit driving for me was still only 100% speed skill, versus the 115% he was racing, thus he un-did all my good work!!! Swings and roundabouts mate

Well i am not the best with modding and computers, I would have no idea were to start :(
Its super easy, just open a file in notepad, no offense but you have to be super stupid not to know what each value meant or did...

Speed is obviously speed. Courtesy, how room they give you wheel to wheel, aggression is aggression and so on and so forth, a simple google on how the talent files work also works wonders to clear any confusion up.

Its super easy, just open a file in notepad, no offense but you have to be super stupid not to know what each value meant or did...

Speed is obviously speed. Courtesy, how room they give you wheel to wheel, aggression is aggression and so on and so forth, a simple google on how the talent files work also works wonders to clear any confusion up.

The VEH files with the driver's name or are we talking about another one?

No, Gamedata/Talent/ there you have also other files where you can look into.

In the VEH File the Driver name have to match the Talent Driver Name

In the SRS File for Series, you have to put also the DriversDIR search path, you can also check into other files its much in the top of the note

You have to up the AI stored in the game. So if you are racing against 96% AI, when you have over to the computer to start driving your car for you, yes, by default it will make that driver a 100% speed stat driver. And yeah, it will be faster. So just try to get as close as you can skill wise to 100% whatever series you race. The same is applicable going the other way round though. I used to race a DTM mod I made myself years ago, I used to race with the AI skill level set at 115%. I was fine, but as soon as I needed to have a break or whatever and let the AI take over for a short period I'd come back to find he'd lost a load of places in the race, because the AI bit driving for me was still only 100% speed skill, versus the 115% he was racing, thus he un-did all my good work!!! Swings and roundabouts mate

Actually, AI speed is a factor of several variables

The two more relevant are AI Strength (you set that in-game) and the talent Speed parameter for given AI.

So, if you set a race at 115%, and some bot Mr.B have Speed=90, then Mr.B will be effectivelly racing at up to 115 * 0.90 = 103%.

Regading the OP question, when you press I key and let AMS drive your car, your car becomes a Bot, and since it has no talent files, it will race with Speed=100, which means 115 * 1.00 = 115%.

Lastly, very recently I've discovered (by trial and error) that, with the new AI behaviour in AMS v1.4.5, AI with no talent files become more fun to race. Their lap times are much more closer to each other than with a proper set of talent files, so there's more battle on track. Without talent files, they will be closer, but not a train of cars whatsoever. Plus, this way you don't need to perform a qualifying beforehand to have great races against the AI.

I've raced the default Boxer Cup series at Imola with and without talent files (I've renamed the folder so AMS could not read them), and the race without talents was great!

...Lastly, very recently I've discovered (by trial and error) that, with the new AI behaviour in AMS v1.4.5, AI with no talent files become more fun to race. Their lap times are much more closer to each other than with a proper set of talent files...
After reading this I thought I'd try something, I set the aggression in the talent files to 0 and courtesy to 10, big improvement and with today's update, even better!

I'm still racing without talents, at High Aggression, and it's awesome.

I've renamed the Talents' folder (to Talents-bkp for example), so no car can read them. Race is close, and I don't even need to perform a qualifying first! Just put me in 7th place and go race.

Has anyone else found the AI overly aggressive since Saturday's update?

I have been racing Copa Petrobas series and I have not finished a race without being hit from behind or the side or both. It is not a gentle hit but it spins me out in a corner or forces me out of my line, in other words I lose my track position completely. It is as if they don't see me and are trying to drive straight through me.

Has anyone else found the AI overly aggressive since Saturday's update?

I have been racing Copa Petrobas series and I have not finished a race without being hit from behind or the side or both. It is not a gentle hit but it spins me out in a corner or forces me out of my line, in other words I lose my track position completely. It is as if they don't see me and are trying to drive straight through me.

Hi mate!

I play with mods and i have noticed too that the ai is more aggressive.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back