Soft lock?

Is there Any option to activate this? Or isnt implemented yet? Thought 1.3 was the release for this but dont see anything in game and I Can turn 900° the g27 with every car...

Last time I tried it it felt pretty ok to me steering-wise. Not sure what you mean to be honest
If asking about my "per car steering feel" statement in relation to the softlock implementation trying to cater to all the various steering ratio/lock combos - its just that the steering of some cars feels a little sloppy, but you know what - its not the end of the world, a quick edit of the cars.ini to tweak the steering feel/response and its back to enjoying the car in game. :)

The game is still very enjoyable and a blast.

It's not too violent here, with Fanatec, but could be a lot more subtle. IIRC, Pcars uses the Spring force to simulate soft-lock and it feels nice, but then, I don't think it's able to separate spring force for the intended soft-lock, and regular spring force generated from working the car.

When I activate the soft lock, the wheel shakes violently whenever I reach the lock. Anyone else has the same problem?

Yes, I have this same violent shaking with SOFT_LOCK=1
It is unusable. Had to turn it back off.

This needs to be seriously fixed soon!

G27 Settings:
Profiler-
Everything but Combine pedals checked

InGame-
Gain 45
Filter 3
Min Force 10
Kerb 40
Road 30
Slip 50
Enhanced Under steer On
Gamma 1.00
Filter 0.00
Speed Sens 0.00
Brake Gamma 2.40

Since when is it ideal to sit there banging off the lock in a Corner. If you found the Lock point in a corner your likely understeering the Shi* outta the front end and in general Going TOO fast.
I think the point is just having a proper soft lock option that doesn't "bounce", so that we know when we've reached max lock. It changes between cars so it's nice to know when you're at the limit.

Having soft lock issues with AC and my CSR. I could have sworn it worked, and then one day, I fired up AC before calibrating the wheel, and everything went to crap. The cars felt as if the DOR has been stretched out, and it took an additional 90° of rotation to get the cars turning. On center felt limp and the FFB was placing random bumps everywhere. On track it felt like I was driving in the grass. I closed the game, restarted the computer, and things returned to normal, except soft lock went away. Now I'm trying to race, but I miss having the wheel stop turning when the car reaches its maximum turning angle. This is exceptionally frustrating with the Tatuus, one of my favorite cars in the game.

So I changed the setting in Assetto Corsa as per, the suggestion to do so on the first page of this thread. It works fine. The bumping at the limit isn't so bad. The Tatuus felt great. Thanks everyone.

Aside from the aggressive feeling soft lock, the wheel pretty much feels the same. maybe my wheel has a part to play in it? On top of that, it's not much of a problem. I assume one isn't supposed to ride the soft lock, at least I don't. I use it as a reminder to know that I am at the end of the steering rack.

My CSR also doesn't have an "Aut" setting, unless that means "Off". Even on the Fanatec wheel driver software, it says "Aut". I was thinking my wheel was defective for a while.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back