AC Social Event: Mazda MX5 Cup @ Brands Hatch Indy - Wed 13Sep17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It won't affect anything afaik but I will look into it :)
Short explanation, maybe you or someone else likes to know how it works:

On "The Server" you have really really few files!
You have 2 .ini-files and they do nothing else than telling YOUR local game what to load. But without any versions or anything. It just tells your local game:
- load track XY
- load cars xyz

So I think an update doesn't change anything. Since you have to update your game to get steam to even launch it, every player who is online has the same version!

Then the server compares the checksum of some files to protect against cheaters. The "surface.ini" which contains how much grip you have on which part of the track and the "drs-zones.ini" which tells the game where you can use drs.

So that's it, you don't have to update the servers other than to feed it with new content. And here comes the crucial part:
as long as the server doesn't use any of the DLCs or Mods you don't have:
you can connect!

Since this is a single car event with only the mx-5, you won't need any other car on your local AC copy :)

Thank you :) cya tonight!

RasmusP

Premium
Sign me in please

Hi, I would like to join but don't think I can make it till around 7.30 UK time.
Adding you now! :)
7.30 UK time should be okay. Normally we open the remaining slots for everyone when Qualy starts. But no reserves for now and I'll keep your slot open till 7.45 okay? :)

EDIT: now you got me with this UK summer time, GMT and my CEST time... :roflmao:

Last edited:

Neilski

Staff
Premium
Hi, I would like to join but don't think I can make it till around 7.30 UK time.

Adding you now! :)
7.30 UK time should be okay. Normally we open the remaining slots for everyone when Qualy starts. But no reserves for now and I'll keep your slot open till 7.45 okay? :)
The official 30 minute practice session doesn't actually start until 8pm UK time (i.e. 19:00 GMT, 20:00 BST etc.) so you're not going to have a problem ;)

Great, thanks.
This will be my first race with you guys and I just want to check with the procedure.
Do I launch the Teamspeak desktop app then find the server within Assetto Corsa?

Great, thanks.
This will be my first race with you guys and I just want to check with the procedure.
Do I launch the Teamspeak desktop app then find the server within Assetto Corsa?
Yup, you start TeamSpeak, login to the server with provided password, then you join the Assetto Corsa server.

RasmusP

Premium
Great, thanks.
Yes! :)
Just open Teamspeak normally like every other program.
Then search for "racedepartment.com" in the game. Make sure that you include empty and password protected servers and you should be fine :)

RasmusP

Premium
We have 3 reserves. It might be too late but who knows. Maybe we get 3 dropouts and you will be racing :)
I'll add you to the list in a few minutes and keep you posted if you can join!
Make sure to be in TeamSpeak at the end of practice (if you have the time to spare for some spantanoues join) (around 19:20 gmt) so we can directly speak to you if you can join

RasmusP

Premium
I can populate that empty reserve spot so that it doesn't feel lonely

Yeah,and i would like to join him. :p

I've added my name. Do I still get a spot for today or is it too late already?

Your are 1-3rd reserve. Doesn't look like we get some "official" signouts so if you are spontanous come into teamspeak and when qualy starts you are free to join (still in the right order though) :)
Sorry Kitten that you didn't get a regular spot for now. We have too much work to keep track etc :(
But I think we have enough races a week to get you started! :)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 9.9%
  • €3001-5000