AC Social Event: Mazda MX5 Cup @ Brands Hatch Indy - Wed 13Sep17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
I'll join in.
To sign up to race, you must add your real name to your profile. HERE is a link to how this can be done. Your real name will only be visible to other Premium members. You must also use your real name (in game) on RD servers and also on TeamSpeak.
I will add you to the list once this is done. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

RasmusP

Premium
I've just seen this tweet......
https://twitter.com/AC_assettocorsa/status/907954338487705600

Does this affect tonight at all? (must admit i installed as 1.14 so i've never encountered the update process but i am installed via Steam so is that going to auto-download 1.15?)
It won't affect anything afaik but I will look into it :)
Short explanation, maybe you or someone else likes to know how it works:

On "The Server" you have really really few files!
You have 2 .ini-files and they do nothing else than telling YOUR local game what to load. But without any versions or anything. It just tells your local game:
- load track XY
- load cars xyz

So I think an update doesn't change anything. Since you have to update your game to get steam to even launch it, every player who is online has the same version!

Then the server compares the checksum of some files to protect against cheaters. The "surface.ini" which contains how much grip you have on which part of the track and the "drs-zones.ini" which tells the game where you can use drs.

So that's it, you don't have to update the servers other than to feed it with new content. And here comes the crucial part:
as long as the server doesn't use any of the DLCs or Mods you don't have:
you can connect!

Since this is a single car event with only the mx-5, you won't need any other car on your local AC copy :)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 41 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.9%
  • €3001-5000