AC Social Event: GT4 @Nurburgring GP-GT - Tue 19Dec17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Eine Porsche für mich Herr Pennington. Vielen dank. Wo ist Herr Heidenbeckermeister? Wer ist Dirk Steffen?
You got it. This Dirk Steffen character is an imposter and a political spy for the Chinese. I believe we will give him a Tok Tok. It's more like his speed:D
tok_tok_1_l.jpg

I'll need some information on what happened?

I'll try and give a decent summary.

Friday, doing F2004 at Spa. I was in the lobby for about 110 minutes straight (38 of the race, plus practice and quali, and a bit of time before), and I eventually got massive framerate drops to the point where I was getting about 1 frame every few seconds. I pulled off and waited to see if it would improve, and instead it got worse. Took my headset off, all screens flickered black, then came back. AC was an unrecoverable black screen, so I had to close the game. I pulled up task manager, 100% CPU usage, locked. No signs of a GPU driver crash due to an unstable OC on my card or anything else, but the symptoms looked similar, other than the CPU usage.

I had a few FPS dips before in the race, but they were minor in comparison. All I found from Googling was that the game should run VR on my CPU (i5-3570K) without much of an issue, but I'm getting the hint that faster RAM (I'm at 16 GB of DDR3-1600) helps. Thoughts?

If I get something similar, my next step would be to do a manual OC of my CPU and RAM (which I've never done before). I'm currently using the onboard motherboard features to auto-OC my CPU to 4.2 GHz instead of the stock 3.4. RAM is currently stock.

I'll try and give a decent summary.

Friday, doing F2004 at Spa. I was in the lobby for about 110 minutes straight (38 of the race, plus practice and quali, and a bit of time before), and I eventually got massive framerate drops to the point where I was getting about 1 frame every few seconds. I pulled off and waited to see if it would improve, and instead it got worse. Took my headset off, all screens flickered black, then came back. AC was an unrecoverable black screen, so I had to close the game. I pulled up task manager, 100% CPU usage, locked. No signs of a GPU driver crash due to an unstable OC on my card or anything else, but the symptoms looked similar, other than the CPU usage.

I had a few FPS dips before in the race, but they were minor in comparison. All I found from Googling was that the game should run VR on my CPU (i5-3570K) without much of an issue, but I'm getting the hint that faster RAM (I'm at 16 GB of DDR3-1600) helps. Thoughts?

If I get something similar, my next step would be to do a manual OC of my CPU and RAM (which I've never done before). I'm currently using the onboard motherboard features to auto-OC my CPU to 4.2 GHz instead of the stock 3.4. RAM is currently stock.

I've never experienced anything like that or heard of anything similar, sorry. Only thing I can think is it's overworking your 980 and causing things to overheat and shut down, but that's just a guess in the dark. Maybe try dialing back some of the graphics settings, disabling PP if you're using it, and turning off SS to see if that prevents it from happening again. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, hope you get it sorted.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back