AC Social Event: Audi TT cup @ Mugello - Fri 03NOV17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
As we had a tiny bit of confusion the other night about track limits, i thought it was time for a quick refresher on the subject as we have a few new drivers, which may i say are driving really nice . :thumbsup:
So a little recap never goes a miss..
Just in case there is any confusion about track limits
Yes i love this car, its super fun to drive and is perfect for club racing. Over the couple of months the races have just got better and better, all drivers are progressing nicely and lap time are getting quicker, but more importantly drivers being consistent, overtaking is getting harder and at the same time, we have fewer incidents. Yes there are a few things that need addressing but for the most, As a group we are making progress,
All drivers must be aware of track limits, and drive accordingly.

Please remember we race to a code, no more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line that goes around the track. This rule applies to the inside of corners and the exit in the run off areas.
This is the same rule for all RD events no matter which club you race in. I realise mistakes can happen when racing and the car below is mine.
But a little lift of the gas to show you have made a mistake and you are good to go.
You have to police your self or i will start to do it . We all must race to the same rules plain and simple.

So below are 2 pictures the 1st is ok and the maximum you can go over the white line.
picture 2 is out of bounds with more than 2 wheels.

This is the maximum you can go over the line without needing to lift off the gas.
on-the-line-jpg.185871

All 4 wheels over the white line, Now you need to lift off the gas please.
over-the-limet-jpg.185872

The above applies to every corner on a track, the curb on the inside of the corner is also not part of the track the white /yellow line is your limit.

Please be aware of our rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racing-club-regulations-2017.10978/

Keep up the good work guys:)

If you see a transgression of the rules. Don't just think if it ok for him its ok for me because its not. Two wrongs, do not make a right. :)
ok here we have a potential cut of the track, Yes it can happen by accident so a quick lift of the gas and your goo to go, next lap adjust you line, but do not cut corners every lap that is showing disrespect to fellow drivers and is not tolerated in the rules at RD.
inside-cut-jpg.193678

And here we have the maximum amount of curb you can take before you need to lift of the gas.
ok-inside-of-track-jpg.193679

The track we are driving does not really allow much cutting as some of the curbs are narrow and have a lip on the inside. My advise is to stay of the inside curbs..

The exit of some corners are very open, running wide to gain extra speed or overtake whilst going over the white line is not allowed also..

I am not pointing fingers at any driver, this is just classed as a rule clarification to all drivers.
thanks for you understanding in this matter.
Rupe and RD staff

Is it still possible to sign out? Unfortunately I cannot make it tonight, and I see lots of reserves eager to have my spot

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 366 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%