So why is there not much buzz....

I downloaded this the other day but was surprised to see such a small community? I understand the game is in beta but would expected a little more. I've played a few hours using my G27 and i was impressed. Im not a sim nut so i wont begin to comment on its qualities as a sim but i sure had fun going for a few laps. I think the pricing is a little steep, 5 quid for a track seems a bit of a rip off to me. I could spend like 100 quid easily and still not have a complete race experience.

They have been too slow in developing this game
I might be biased but I don't agree with that opinion. R3E has been in development for just over a year, and in that year plenty, imo, of development has happened. Maybe not always the sparkly features that were highly anticipated, that might give you the impression nothing is happening. But a lot of work goes around in the background and the foreground on a daily bases, creating a better base to built he game before expanding it something larger.

Its kinda hard to compare R3E to pCars, which has been in development for ±2,5 years and AC that has been in development for about 4 years. Also these games needed time to mature over their development period. They are solid games that you either like or not, same goes for R3E.

It will take time to develope into the game we want it to be, and those things sadly enough don't happen over night.

The business model...well either you like or don't like it, I can't don anything about changing your mind, but without spending a cent you can already have some fun in R3E. In the end I can agree to both side of the discussion on certain points.

But let's see what the future brings.

Last edited:
.... R3E has been in development for just over a year...
Perhaps that's the case for the title named "RaceRoom Racing Experience", but i remember first screenshots and an audio teaser from December 2011 (where at that time R3E was still been labeled as GTR3) ;)

But i agree with you, that AC or pCARS are longer in development than R3E.

So i for myself wouldn't call the development of R3e "slow". It was just the quietness about it, which was the disappointing factor. But Simbin has promised to change that. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back