So... What's it like?

Are you using wheel+driver? If so use wheel only. Iirc cockpit wheel rotation doesn't match if driver is enabled. Someone correct me if I remember wrong. I use all off in cockpitview, but cars with motec in wheel I have to use wheel on and it's rotation is matched to my real wheel. And I'm using driver off so I'm sure it works at least that way.
Thanks mate, perfect. That is a bit silly but good enough

Dammit Lee, I knew I shouldn't have help you. You passed me on leaderboard (Bathurst+Judd, 4th atm). ;)
Good stuff, a bit of competition is cool. I recorded the lap live, it's a shame they are not wanting to get videos out there really. The sounds are really amazing and the physics are alot of fun IMO.

It's weird though as when i passed the line it said i had 3rd but the leaderrboard i'm showing as 2nd

Good stuff, a bit of competition is cool. I recorded the lap live, it's a shame they are not wanting to get videos out there really. The sounds are really amazing and the physics are alot of fun IMO.

It's weird though as when i passed the line it said i had 3rd but the leaderrboard i'm showing as 2nd

That leaderboard notification is buggy, gives me wrong places all the time.

Porsche atGran Prix version of Algarve is an amazing combo. After a longer play last night, some cars i'm really not convinced by. The Posrche thoughis typical Simbin quality, car feels great to me.

Did you try any of the Silhouette cars? The Canhard R52 is nuts and seems like it'd be a car that suits your style of driving from what I've read on your recent YouTube descriptions.

Did you try any of the Silhouette cars? The Canhard R52 is nuts and seems like it'd be a car that suits your style of driving from what I've read on your recent YouTube descriptions.
No mate i didn't. I spent a good few hours last night with the majority of GT cars. The Mclaren and Z4 felt really odd to me, really bland and overly forgiving. Then i tried the RUF and instantly it put a smile on my face, it felt alive and was moving around, felt like a proper Simbin car. Same goes with the JUDD at Bathurst.

I shall try that car you say once it goes live, i will buy it on your recommendation . Buying the RUF and Bathurst right away. Is it a proto?

The cars that Simbin where free to design are alot better ( and more fun ) than the licenced cars.
This makes me wunder how close to real the Gt cars are. Are they really that boring to drive.

In theory endurance cars are set-up toward comfort more than "excitement"... They mostly all have traction control flat-out and they just dump the throttle on corner exits, no worries. (Unless it's slippery or too bumpy, TC amount is adjustable per driver, but most go for the safe side !)

I didn't try RRE so I can't really say anything. GTR2 when I tried it a while back did feel overly easy though.

(On youtube you can find a video with Joey Hand if I remember correctly who explains a lap a Sebring, saying the car is very easy to drive with traction control, the steering feeling very manageable and not tiring...)

No it's a big turboed tin top, the R52 will be free. The other cars in the same class are similar but have their own uniqueness to them.
Thanks i will try it right away. Powerful turbo car sounds right up my street! I tried to stay away from the fictional cars and tried to stick to cars i knew. Seems this was possibly a mistake.
The cars that Simbin where free to design are alot better ( and more fun ) than the licenced cars.
This makes me wunder how close to real the Gt cars are. Are they really that boring to drive.
Glad it's not just me with those cars. They felt very bland and easy to drive. Wheel felt dead and spongy but then as i say the RUF right away put a smile on my face, moves around under power and far more alive/direct in the FFB.

Judd V8 was great, protos horrible, BMW Z4 really mushy and it's way too early to start investing, IMHO, on anything yet, not before online racing starts. Before that it's not really worth it unless you just enjoy driving alone. Top leaderboard laptimes are all cheated (cutting is pretty oddly judged...) so i find solo hotlapping futile effort if you're one of the old school guys that keeps two wheels on track at all times ;)

Prices are pretty high so forum feedback is crucial on purchases.. I doubt they can keep them that high for long.. SimBin is not really a fortune500 company.

But taking that Judd to Hillclimb.. wow, that really is FUN!

Prices are pretty high so forum feedback is crucial on purchases.. I doubt they can keep them that high for long.. SimBin is not really a fortune500 company.

Are prices really that high? They are around the Simraceway prices - maybe a little more. And I would rather buy a car made by Simbin... ;)

Except the tracks. They are too expensive IMHO.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back