So what do we think of the "new" RRe?

Msportdan

@Simberia
Im new so haven't had a lot of experience with this game, but plenty with old simbin games AC RF2 GSC etc etc.

This opinion also is just based on the free content and a very early opinion at that.

FFB= Love it best out there for me atm
CONTENT=some of the best tracks in the world. Cars are mainly tintops with lots of LMPs, wonder if planned for any open wheelers?
AI=atm good challenging not afraid to overtake and fast, make mistakes. I like!
HANDLING=somewhere between shift 2 and AC (more towards AC) not quite RF2 imo.
GFX & AUDIO=some of the best out there too especially audio wow!! like the new UI too

well im gonna wait for them to fix the purchasing probs then ill be on my way to buying some tracks and cars.

One thing will there be a custom season eventually like race07?

cheers good work S3.. you have rekindled my faith in the exsimbin studio..

Last edited:
Uhmm... Rain?!

1451449_775552802501236_8705163014246517121_n.jpg

Nah, last night when I hit you was actually not my fault, I got rammed and pushed into you :p
But yeah, struggling to get to learn both wheel and the "new" sim ^^

:roflmao:
That wasn't me you hit, it was the other guy in the same GTR. I had a nice view of it though.
If i was a steward i would call a 'racing incident' :roflmao:

And he was a punk. Kept cutting the chicane. :thumbsdown:

Prob something we should mention @Sonat Ozturk
Slow down penalty for driving through the first part of the chicane @ Nurb GP..... is not ample enough. People gaining half a second advantage by doing so last night.

I've had a ball of fun with this great addition of ADAC pack. I've got all of my impressions sunk deep and would love to share. I can see the first wave of hype is calmin down. So, here goes, for anyone who is yet to try I suggest you to look at ADAC pack as a separate game to r3e. Get yourself a cup of tea because this will be a very pleasant review.

Let's kick off by saying this pack of cars unlike few other sim's actually requires you to use your brakes for substantial amount of time. No bullshit braking from 250 to 70 on downhill in under a 100meter, no. You'll be greeted with braking distances of over a 150m in few tracks and to spice it up no ABS. Lockups are done brilliantly. They are just right, they lock where they should and how they should and they also unlock as realistic as they locked up. So, you'll be going straight on if you locked badly, or you'll make it right on apex just like Hamilton if you locked just slightly.

Force feedback gives you impression that you're controlling a car with good mass. You'll feel the car in your hands the way you want to feel it. You'll be connected to the car in more ways then one and everything feels a lot more instantaneous once you've done a day or two on it and found your preferred settings. Most often the car responds to smaller change of inputs and to some degree I haven't even noticed how few of physic systems are dulled out before finding this out.
Always important feel of oversteer doesn't force you to overreact and cause any tank slappers at any point has not happened to me. And believe me the car does oversteer, wheelspin if you are not using traction control and give your right foot too much liberty.

As we arrive to corner exit done with all of the braking, potential locking up managed edge of our tire and balanced all of cars mass one needs to get the beast out of the turn and trust me some of these cars really behave as such monsters on corner exits. It's a ball of fun. FFB really shines in such situation.

The sounds are so good I will not even write anything about them at all.

All of the 7 cars are unique in their own ways and in a lot more ways then one. The way they brake, how much they grip, the way they change direction or dont and the amount of traction they have is very rarely similar. What more can I say then you need to test it out and see which car you like, which car you don't like and which car you like on which track.

Multiplayer netcode is at such high level that I have no idea why they called it alpha. Perhaps it's called alpha because they want to make support for custom club races-leagues to change that name. This netcode can handle contact between two cars and it can handle it very well. It is of utmost enjoyment to be safe outside of lag spike car kick into big spins and such unpleasant bastardized mistakes of other netcodes.

If you like GT cars you will love this pack. I could find petty things to complain about right now, but there is no need for such thing. You'll find your own ways to be annoyed by petty things that only disturb you and that is the part of fun too.

There are people of all sorts of speed racing out there and if you're one of the quickest add me up on steam and we'll figure some challenge out.

Agreed pretty much 100%, only thing I'm not 100% sure on is the netcode/physics in terms of collisions, a few times I've felt like a slight tap have had a bit too drastic reprecussions (spinning out / completely loosing control of the car) compared to what I expected.
A bit of fender and door banging needs to be possible imo, can't loose control just from a lovetap :p
But that having been said, I've only raced a few races and it might have been down to ping times or whatever.
Overall, very much impressed!

I have found the netcode/physics to be better than most of the other current sims I'm playing. It's not that I haven't been taken out, but in general I have had exciting door to door, bumper to bumper races and very seldom taken out by slight contact. A lot depends on if I'm on the limits of traction or not. So far I'm very pleased.

OK so after initial wow effect, the biggest problem for me is the breaking feel. It really is lacking for me and hitting the brake pedal is like going skating basically. Am i missing something?
The other thing is understeer! The cars simply refuse to turn in...how do you guys cure this?

Obviously is not all bad - I love the sounds and the sense of close racing you get. The road feel and FFB are also very good apart from the braking.

think braking is spoton with rre. compared to other benchmark sims. You can feel the car shift weight and if you hit that odd bump, you have a nice little fight on your hands all whilst defending from the guy behind.. The locking up is good..

sorry I disagree they've done well here/ imo :)

Im not saying the handling is the best in the world but I think they have got the braking nailed.. more involving than other sims, where u just stamp really,.

think braking is spoton with rre. compared to other benchmark sims. You can feel the car shift weight and if you hit that odd bump, you have a nice little fight on your hands all whilst defending from the guy behind.. The locking up is good..

sorry I disagree they've done well here/ imo :)

Im not saying the handling is the best in the world but I think they have got the braking done well.. more involving than other sims, where u just stamp really,.
Agreed

Also agree the feeling of forces while braking into a corner is a very positive spot in the game but there *something* a little off about getting braking just right. There some feedback missing so that you can judge your way into a corner a little better. I find myself overshooting often and if I do make it I never quite like my apexes (primarily talking about hairpins). And there's the lingering over-max forces on the G27 that prohibit it from giving any more information in a corner because it's already maxed out.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back