So what do we think of the "new" RRe?

Msportdan

@Simberia
Im new so haven't had a lot of experience with this game, but plenty with old simbin games AC RF2 GSC etc etc.

This opinion also is just based on the free content and a very early opinion at that.

FFB= Love it best out there for me atm
CONTENT=some of the best tracks in the world. Cars are mainly tintops with lots of LMPs, wonder if planned for any open wheelers?
AI=atm good challenging not afraid to overtake and fast, make mistakes. I like!
HANDLING=somewhere between shift 2 and AC (more towards AC) not quite RF2 imo.
GFX & AUDIO=some of the best out there too especially audio wow!! like the new UI too

well im gonna wait for them to fix the purchasing probs then ill be on my way to buying some tracks and cars.

One thing will there be a custom season eventually like race07?

cheers good work S3.. you have rekindled my faith in the exsimbin studio..

Last edited:
I Love the update!
Great work sector3. Multiplayer is a blast and gt Masters pack is just amazing! Good descision guys! Appreciate it. If u keep improving r3e no doupt it will be One of the best sims out there....

Got up early and thankfully found the servers are running. After about a hours driving my initial thoughts are I made the right decision getting the ADAC pack and getting back into R3E. Using some of the wheel settings described in the other thread, I am very happy with the FFB, its a big change for the better than the original FFB.

Using the Nissan GTR around Hockenheimring, there are not many driving sims that you forget you are playing a game with a peripheral and start to drive like you are actually in a £300K gt3 car. Its hard to describe but the car is very responsive to your inputs, so rather than driving round the limitations of the sim/car the limitation is you. I love how you can use the throttle to engage the tiniest little drift to help steer round the corner and lots of other little nuances.

Overall very happy with the update, I am back onboard the good ship R3E.

Yesterday's update doesn't stop our work in studio.

Small visual leak about upcoming updates, new fog implementation in game (it depends on lighting and time of day and later it will be different on each track), improved shaders and textures, new RBR will contain also small improvements in already updated road surface.

https://www.facebook.com/Sector3studio/posts/1464617413820831

It looks beautiful!!! I hope we can expect it soon ;)

Regarding the shaders, do we ever get an option to adjust the post processing in game? In the game folder a few different moods are already existent. Personally I don't like the over saturated look of the default settings. Renaming the "realistic.fx" to "default.fx" gives a much better and realistic (very surprising! :D) appearance.
In general will there ever be a chance to set the time of day individually? Speaking of the driving moods announced in the past ...

Last edited:
I bought adac last nite and waited till late to play as servers were down. But seriously different game to th free Content. S3 should really put a adac car and track as free content the demo track doesn't give half what this game feels like.

Thrustmaster TX but when I move left or right, it loses the road feel.
Thats very odd, I have a TX and the FFB is superb, profiler 75/100/100/0/0
My FFB settings ingame

Attachments

• ffb.jpg
    ffb.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 256
In general will there ever be a chance to set the time of day individually? Speaking of the driving moods announced in the past ...
Either in the SimPit interview with Jay or in the Twitch stream they said, that adjustable day time will come in the near future - but it will be fixed during the session. Dynamic day time will come later.

This is my first impression after doing R8@RBR,Bathurst sessions:
The handling still often feels too artificial and digital to me and the grip comes and goes in a very erratic manner. I find it very hard to position it as accurately as i'd like to. Often the car steers very strangely, as if controlled by a slider and it steers in a sluggish, floaty manner.
May be due to steering ratio or the steering sensitivity/lock i'm using(i've played around with it a bit,..have yet to find the sweet spot) My FFB is broken also, so that may negatively affect the experience as well. I don't know...
Not sure about the handling component of this game at the moment.
I just don't feel as connected and in control as in ,say GSCEx, which i've played the most lately. :unsure:

I really enjoy playing it.

I've matched FFB settings as close as possible to the fantastic feel of AC, but I still get the floaty feeling, so that requires some adjustments to learn the car behavior. Since it's a different sim, I didn't expect 100% same feel anyway.
But it's no problem swapping between the two. Like said, they feel very similar.

R8 is an awesome car to drive, I feel very confident in it. It feels much more connected than the SLS. So maybe it's just a car setup I need to adjust to make the cars feel more connected - planted.

It's a great package, I love GT3 cars and I can finally drive something else besides Z4 and Mclaren on couple of other tracks also. Being fed up with AC lack of content, this purchase was really a no-brainer.

Absolutly fantastic update, thanks Sector3!

Just a short tech question:
I've an AMD x6 (strong overclocked) and can never drive a full grid because fps hit around 40-45. At the moment I consider to update an AM3+ Vishera (FX 6350).
Can anybody please share some informations about AMD 32nm CPU for this game?
Would be very nice. :)

To Sector 3, you guys (and girls) have pulled the rabbit out the hat with this patch, I just want to congratulate you from an old GTR fan.

Starting a quick AI race at Bathurst in the BMW 320 turbo witha mixed grid of Zakspeeds is what it's all about for me personally, the feeling of immersion, it brings back strong memories of rolling out the pits at Spa for the first time in the Lister Storm. The sound, the feeling of being in the car, sweaty palms and no blinking due to concentration.

This is huge fun and that's what it's about for me,

Keep it up,

Old timer

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back