F1 2010 So what about all the good points about it?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
With all the negativity about the game about everywhere, how about somewhere where you can say the good things about it. Besides the big areas of having an upto date F1 game with this seasons cars and tracks.

I'll start off:

1 The ability to complete your last flying lap in practise and qualifying when the timer finishes. So if you cross the line with 2 seconds to go, you are able to complete that lap, instead of the game taking you away the instant the session finishes.

2 Able to start at a certain sector in practise, drive out or start your flying lap instantly in qualifying.

3 Uhhh...must be some others...surely??

graphics are beautiful, tracks are awesome.

car handles well. not perfect, but i was really afraid of the game being too much arcadish. despite all opinions saying it is, it's absolutely not what i feel. it's nothing like burnout or nfs, is it?

i like a lot the way the pit crew and garage stuff was done (but different crew for different teams would be better).

play every session of a f1 weekend, with convincing evolution of weather and track conditions.

weather effects are nailed, they look really really good and bring a lot of variation to the races.

races are exciting overall. lot of issues though, worst of all being the broken catchup system and lack of split times. but when it comes to close combat against ai, the game can be pretty rewarding.

if the bugs weren't so distracting, this would be one of the most immersive videogames ever.

6 weather effects
7 the satisfaction of an excellent pass
8 the feeling of the car jjjjust barely holding on in a sweeper (more of a wheel user thing I think)

I just set my career to all the tuff settings (except drv lne and AI, they're Professional), so placing in the top of the field will feel pretty good too. Much more satisfying than winning every race when AI is intermediate.

I love this game.. I'm not a serious racer, not since revs on the c64 (anyone remember that??!) and crammomds grandprix 4. But this game has really caught my imagination.. The thrill of the starts, racing 3 abreast, carving through the field! I love it. I have even ordered a wheel for this game..! I had a 15 lap battle with massa in china, holding him off the whole time in my podgy lotus to finish 5th.. You just don't get that sense of pride finishing midfield with most racers..

9 And this is my opinion the feeling of pulling off good pit strategies during a race and then taking a good position on next laps as the opposition have to pit
Also have to agree with F1 nut the feeling of a good overtake is rather rewarding
Some other points graphics beautiful tracks ad the feeling of setting a blistering hot lap in qualifying or practice

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 261 13.6%