So my computer used to crash when playing...now i know why...

How does 104 degrees sound for a GPU? :) No wonder it decided to pull the plug when i was gaming.

What you see here is basically a carpet of dust. Probably letting through 10-15% of the needed airflow to cool the card.

You could basically peel it off and it was a couple millimeters thick lol.

I have had this too a couple of years back :) Ever since I open the case every now and then and put the vacuumcleaner in.

You find interesting stuff in there eh? I found the physical remainders of an ancient tribe :roflmao:

oops wrong forum, thanks for moving.

I wish my vacuum cleaner could pick that up but with one card stacked above the other it was simply impossible, used some pressurized air and removed the lid of the card to really clean things out.
Same with the CPU, probably had 10% of the airflow left.

Yea i found some bone remnants from dinosaurs and a few pyramids ;)

Think a good idea is to pick up the computer case and put it on a desk.
Having it on the floor is asking for trouble really.

No carpets in my driving room but there are a number of dogs running around. I have to pull my card every six months, take the cover off and get right inside to remove of all the fluff. I get so deep I have to apply fresh thermal paste before re-assembling. The CPU cooler doesn't get hit with as much fluff, no idea why. Recently I installed "screens" on the fan that blows air to the GPU, we'll see if that helps.

Yea i should probably not wait 1,5 years next time i want to clean it.

Dennis, that was my biggest fear, to not be able to remove the lid without slapping on new paste and removing the whole cooler assembly, thankfully it was 7 screws and the lid just pops of which was nice.

I´ve got cats walking around and they are similar to dogs but not as severe in terms of dropping hair all over the place.
Usually they have a month or two as a transition phase from winter fur to summer fur.

I dropped my temps from 57-67c to 46-40c :) substantial difference on idle.
So instead of 104 i will probably top out at 94 in extreme loads.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back