F1 2011 So... McLaren the fastest?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
At least that seems to be the case for me. I tested the top 3 cars on 3 different tracks (Silverstone, Montreal, Suzuka) and McLaren consistently came out on top. About 1 second per lap faster than Redbull and Ferrari at Montreal. Ferrari and Redbull were almost equal. I mean... I tried so hard trying to catch my McLaren ghost in a Redbull but it just keeps pulling away. And I was able to beat RB and Ferrari times in McLaren even with a few mistakes.

Is this just the case of my driving style or had anyone else done any comparison with these cars? I kinda guessed that McLaren would be the fastest since most of the hotlap times seems to be done in it but didn't realize there would be this big of a gap.

Yes, taz1004. I also tried the test cars Mclaren, Red Bull and Ferrari in Melbourne track. McLaren is faster than Red Bull and Ferrari.
McLaren: 1:21:622
Ferrari: 1:22:813
Red Bull: 1:22:722
I created the setting for McLaren, Red Bull and Ferrari are equal in the same setups. I think maybe it's BUG.
Thank you for actually testing it out. Not sure if it is a bug or people over at CM are just McLaren fans but I do believe it should be addressed.

Maybe try it at one of the more aero tracks like Catalunya or Suzuka, they should favour a red bull car. I noticed nobody has said that they can transfer a setup from mclaren to RB7 and go faster. I have to say in all my play experience the mclaren has a slight edge.

Maybe try it at one of the more aero tracks like Catalunya or Suzuka, they should favour a red bull car. I noticed nobody has said that they can transfer a setup from mclaren to RB7 and go faster. I have to say in all my play experience the mclaren has a slight edge.
As I said in the original post, I already tested at Suzuka. I haven't tried Spain yet but tracks I've tested so far are Montreal, Suzuka, Silverstone, Valencia, and Korea. All different type of tracks and doesn't seem to matter. I really don't buy that RBR is faster in turns... at least in this game.

serously, by now everyone knows rb is te bestcar out there.yet codemasters favorizes mclaren and h8 rb only cause mclaren is british and rb only half.just pain to watch. it iisnt that wrong as the top speed of mclaren is highest .but either decrease mclarens downforce o just increase rb downforce by much

Anyone know how edit the team performance to PLAYER but not AI. Which database or xml files?

I would like to know that too. I did a "perfect" lap in Melbourne with Ferrari (time trial) and Lotus (career) and my laptime with Lotus was 8 seconds slower. That's just horrible, I'm not sure if it was caused by some mod or is it normal. I used same set-ups for both cars. Lotus felt ok to drive but the time was horribly bad, I used a lot of KERS when driving Ferrari but 8 seconds is still way too much in my opinion.

I would like to know that too. I did a "perfect" lap in Melbourne with Ferrari (time trial) and Lotus (career) and my laptime with Lotus was 8 seconds slower. That's just horrible, I'm not sure if it was caused by some mod or is it normal. I used same set-ups for both cars. Lotus felt ok to drive but the time was horribly bad, I used a lot of KERS when driving Ferrari but 8 seconds is still way too much in my opinion.
You can't compare time trial vs career. Time trial always comes out faster. Run Lotus in time trial as well and compare.

You can't compare time trial vs career. Time trial always comes out faster. Run Lotus in time trial as well and compare.

Yes, I did that and the gap was 5,7-6,2 sec, which is more reasonable. But in the career mode the car was ridiculously slow. The database.bin file is modded so I try figure out what's wrong, because I wasn't that slow when I played the vanilla version.

Yes, I did that and the gap was 5,7-6,2 sec, which is more reasonable. But in the career mode the car was ridiculously slow. The database.bin file is modded so I try figure out what's wrong, because I wasn't that slow when I played the vanilla version.
Perhaps you played shorter race length in vanilla or had fuel sim turned off. Fuel load on longer race length will slow the car quite a bit in the beginning. Anyway, this doesn't sound like it's related to this thread and you should create another thread.

in real life the Mclaren is faster than RBR too. The difference is made by Vettel, the driver makes always the difference. Look at Button if he really takes care of his car and tyres like he did in Japan or at Hammilton when he keeps his cool. its just that little Heppenheimer dude in the RBR that makes it go so fast, i mean where is Webber?
In game to test if the Mclaren is faster that the RBR you would needs thousands of people to test in the exact same conditions and get your baseline out of that. Otherwise it keeps up in an endless discussion wether who is faster or not

in real life the Mclaren is faster than RBR too. The difference is made by Vettel, the driver makes always the difference. Look at Button if he really takes care of his car and tyres like he did in Japan or at Hammilton when he keeps his cool. its just that little Heppenheimer dude in the RBR that makes it go so fast, i mean where is Webber?
In game to test if the Mclaren is faster that the RBR you would needs thousands of people to test in the exact same conditions and get your baseline out of that. Otherwise it keeps up in an endless discussion wether who is faster or not

Webber currently sits above Hamilton. No1 vs No1 and No2 vs No2, RBR is ahead in both cases.

And no, it doesn't need thousands of people. You obviously didn't read all the posts in this thread. That's been said over and over by people who are reluctant to try it out. People who actually test this out clearly see the difference. This is not marginal difference that's so hard to tell. Do you need thousands of people testing in exact same conditions to see that RBR is faster than Williams? Just go test drive them.

I tried to test all the cars on track Melbourne. McLaren is the fastest. About 1 second per lap faster than Ferrari and Red Bull. But Sauber is almost the same time Ferrari and Red Bull? And it's faster than Mercedes and Renault?

1. McLaren: 1:21:622
2. Red Bull: 1:22:722
3. Ferrari: 1:22:813
4. Sauber: 1:22:919
5. Mercedes: 1:23:072
6. Renault: 1:23:707
7. Williams: 1:24:147
8. Force India: 1:24:307
9. Toro Rosso: 1:24:475

I created the setting for all cars are equal in the same setups. If you want you can try to test the Sauber car. He is so very fast. wow...

Thats odd, I find that I am marginally faster in the RBR around most tracks. Could it be down to your driving style? The McLaren may favour one driving style other the other and vice versa
Have you actually done the side by side comparison? Can you be more specific on which track you are faster with RBR? Then please post the setups you used for each car. Difference is too large to just blame it on driving style.

The AI in the RBR seem faster than the McLaren AI.
AI is completely different story. We're talking player performance.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 464 39.1%