1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I guess a wheel does make a difference...

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by BoogerMac, Sep 29, 2015.

1. BoogerMac

Premium Member

Well, I was a wheel doubter for the longest time and loved my controller, but after some hours with the wheel, I am now a believer. I just did a few competition runs with WTCC cars at Suzuka and wow! My controller time from last week was 57.463...my wheel time this week was 53.032! I know its nothing to write home about (still in like 1,000th place), but a 4-second improvement is nice. Granted, both of times were on Amateur physics settings :(. Guess its time to suck it up and move to Get Real. Get ready wall...here I come!

Sorry for this post...just wanted to express my excitement to someone other than my dog.
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Woof!!
    • Haha Haha x 4
  3. Yeah I was skeptical before I got a wheel and now I don't think I could sim race without one. Sure you can get proficient with a controller but you just don't get the immersion of a wheel with good FFB.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

You never sim raced with a controller, you just played a game with it. Now you are using a wheel you are sim racing. ;) Congratulations.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Keith Joyce

Keith Joyce
    Stercus accidit Premium Member

I have many conversations with the wall... Anyone got a DFGT going cheap???
    • Like Like x 1
  6. xnorb

Premium Member

Somebody really doubts that?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BoogerMac

Premium Member

I doubted a wheel for the first few hours of owning one since my controller times were multiple seconds faster. As mentioned earlier though, after more time with the wheel, my thoughts changed dramatically.
  8. Yeah it is obvious a wheel is better but without any real experience with a wheel most people will question if spending $200+ is worth it. And until you do you'll probably never understand why people are willing to spend $500 or more on a wheel.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1