1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So guys what is the wheel of choice when playing GT5?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Hiroshi Awazu, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

My choice is a G25. In the last ten months i went through four different wheels. I had a DFGT , G27 but sold both and i still have a DFPRO and my G25. The G25 was bought about a month ago, I found it new discounted for $159 so i had to have it. I sold my G27 to a friend at work that got into simracing. I didn't like the spoke design design on G27, i prefer the G25. Although i H Shift, its nice to have the sequential shift option on the G25 as well. I didnt have have a PS3 at the time i had my DFGT so i never got to play GT5 with it but i'm sure the wheel worked great with the game. DFGT worked well for me with Race07/ GTL and RFactor. Im curious about the Thrustmaster T500. Does anyone have this wheel?

2. Well, my wheel is more through necessity than choice. While I'd like one, I can't afford (or justify) the price of high-end wheels like the G25/27. Instead I have a Driving Force GT which I think gives a good balance between features and cost. It was also the 'official' wheel of GT5 before that Thrustmaster monstrosity came along, so it is fully compatible with the game. I actually bought it some months before GT5's release for playing Race 07, and the fact I had it was an influencing factor in buying GT5... without a PS3 compatible wheel I would not have bothered.

Anyway, it does the job perfectly for me so I have no complaints.