1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Smoothing option for FFB

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by JoelGL, May 18, 2015.

1. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +73
    Is there an option for 'smoothing' FFB? I wish to tame the rattles that are too spiky even at medium and 65% FFB (using a G27).

While at it, is there a FFB graph plugin?

2. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,491
    If it's the same as it used to be, and you didn't remove the RealFeel plugin, there will be a smoothing setting in the RealFeel.ini file.

3. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +73
    I see, thanks. Wish these were built in-game. You know what range of values are valid?

4. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,491
    This was only implemented by ISI since the rFactor 2 engine, and GSC runs on the rFactor 1 engine. RealFeel is a 3rd party plugin not created by ISI/Reiza, thus it isn't found in the game menu settings at all.

I have no idea how high the value can go, but as low as possible is always better(I use 0 in rFactor 2), so start at 0, and +1 every time until you're happy. I doubt you'll get near the max value anyway.

EDIT: Now I see the max value is 9, but no need to go that high.

5. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +73
    Ok. So could it be that LeoFFB plugin may also work with SCE? Now where'd you find that max value? Might be other things worth looking at. Thanks again. :)

6. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,491
    It should work, but I have no experience with it, so I can't answer any questions about it.

I just searched Realfeel smoothing, and it was in one of the posts.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Greg Latty

Greg Latty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +248
    this might help.
    [​IMG]
    I didnt need any extra plugin. this works for me out of the box.

One suggestion I would have is to go to the main game folder and open up the RealFeelPlugin.ini and change the line "SpeechEnabled=False" to "SpeechEnabled=True" So you can hear when you change a setting.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +73
    Wow, thanks a lot @Greg Latty. What is RFP mix and its effect if turned ON or OFF?

9. Greg Latty

Greg Latty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +248
    not sure what the rfp mix increase or decrease does but you want RFP (#2) on. That turns the realfeel on or off..

• Like Like x 1
  10. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis
    Premium

Ratings:
    +218
    I would highly recommend never using anything but low FFB effects, anything above that only introduces artificial shaking of the steering wheel and unnatural effects when triggered by certain events.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +73
    BTW, is there some kind of pedal/FFB app (like in rF2/AC)?