1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Smoothing option for FFB

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by JoelGL, May 18, 2015.

1. Is there an option for 'smoothing' FFB? I wish to tame the rattles that are too spiky even at medium and 65% FFB (using a G27).

While at it, is there a FFB graph plugin?

2. If it's the same as it used to be, and you didn't remove the RealFeel plugin, there will be a smoothing setting in the RealFeel.ini file.

3. I see, thanks. Wish these were built in-game. You know what range of values are valid?

4. This was only implemented by ISI since the rFactor 2 engine, and GSC runs on the rFactor 1 engine. RealFeel is a 3rd party plugin not created by ISI/Reiza, thus it isn't found in the game menu settings at all.

I have no idea how high the value can go, but as low as possible is always better(I use 0 in rFactor 2), so start at 0, and +1 every time until you're happy. I doubt you'll get near the max value anyway.

EDIT: Now I see the max value is 9, but no need to go that high.

5. Ok. So could it be that LeoFFB plugin may also work with SCE? Now where'd you find that max value? Might be other things worth looking at. Thanks again. :)

6. It should work, but I have no experience with it, so I can't answer any questions about it.

I just searched Realfeel smoothing, and it was in one of the posts.

• Like Like x 1
  7. this might help.
    [​IMG]
    I didnt need any extra plugin. this works for me out of the box.

One suggestion I would have is to go to the main game folder and open up the RealFeelPlugin.ini and change the line "SpeechEnabled=False" to "SpeechEnabled=True" So you can hear when you change a setting.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. Wow, thanks a lot @Greg Latty. What is RFP mix and its effect if turned ON or OFF?

9. not sure what the rfp mix increase or decrease does but you want RFP (#2) on. That turns the realfeel on or off..

• Like Like x 1
  10. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis
    Premium Member

I would highly recommend never using anything but low FFB effects, anything above that only introduces artificial shaking of the steering wheel and unnatural effects when triggered by certain events.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BTW, is there some kind of pedal/FFB app (like in rF2/AC)?