• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Small question concerning replays

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Rhys Gardiner, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Rhys Gardiner

Rhys Gardiner

Ratings:
    +768
    I record all of the hotlaps I do in various cars, and view them later at my leisure (it's cool how you can slow them down... :redface:). The only problem is, with 99% of the mods I view, the skins are incredibly low-res in the replays. Is there a way around this?

2. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Go into your PLR and set Replay Fidelity to 4 :)

3. Rhys Gardiner

Rhys Gardiner

Ratings:
    +768
    It's already on 4... :(

4. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Check all of your replay settings are as you want them (they are all in one section in the PLR)

5. Rhys Gardiner

Rhys Gardiner

Ratings:
    +768
    Not too sure what you mean, as I don't know what I want my replay settings to be...

6. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Copy this in the relevant section in your PLR (not sure it will solve your problem but we can go one step at a time)

Code:
    Record Replays="1" // whether to record replays or not
    Save All Replay Sessions="1" // whether to save the replay from each session
    Record To Memory="0" // record replays to memory rather than disk (may possibly reduce stuttering, but at your own risk because memory usage will be significant for long races)
    Compress Replay="1" // whether to compress VCR file (uses less disk space but takes more time to write)
    Replay Wraparound="0" // whether replays wraparound in the fridge
    Auto Monitor Replay="1" // whether to automatically start a replay when returning to monitor
    Record Hotlaps="1" // whether to record hotlaps or not (must have replay recording on)
    Instant Replay Length="20"
    Replay Fidelity="4"
    Super Player Replay="1" // record player at higher frequency
    Number Track Replays="100" // how many replays to store for each track (using default naming convention only!)