Small Automobilista 1.3.51 Hotfix Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Hotfix.jpg

Reiza Studios have released a small hotfix for Automobilista to address a couple of minor issues introduced as part of a recent build update.

With build 1.3.5 having released back on the 31st March, Reiza have been hard at work attending to several reported issues that have since arisen with the game. Ever quick to respond to community feedback, today the studio deployed a very small patch to the simulation via Steam that resolves a reported crashing issue in Time Trial mode alongside other miscellaneous niggles. Reiza have confirmed they are still looking into the issues reported in TT mode and may release another hotfix later this week if a solution can be found.

Build 1.3.51 Changelog:
  • Fixed potential crash in Time Trial mode
  • Adjusted Setup files UI to display longer file names
  • Corrected cockpit camera clip planes in latest cars to usual standard to minimize texture flickering
  • Lance R: Corrected vehicle gearbox information
  • ARC Camaro: Fixed engine overheating
  • Superkart: Softened default roll bar settings (reducing chassis stiffness)
Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Reiza Studios. DLC can be purchased for the game at an additional cost

Remember online racing in a clean environment like RaceDepartment can be a real blast! Check out the events we have scheduled for Automobilista in our AMS Racing Club and Leagues sub forum to get involved in the action yourself. Great racing, friendly banter and all skills and experience levels welcomed.

We have our very own dedicated sub forum for Automobilista. In our sub forum you will find a wide selection of downloadable content to discover, from some of the best add on tracks to a selection of interesting vehicles, our downloads section is a positive treasure trove of additional content for AMS.

Hi, I get this alert from my antivirus:
View attachment 183654
Anyone else with this?

I've seen this before on other forums. It's nothing. There's a virus/malware that uses a similar filename and some security software packages pounce on this when they see it. It's nothing to worry about.

With regards to the other comment about whether AMS is any good? It's a brilliant piece of sim racing loveliness, and at that price just go for it.

I can understand some of the reviews on Steam criticizing the graphics, I would imagine if you're used to Xbox or PS4 levels of detail (or even the last Project Cars) that's probably a valid point but what Reiza have achieved with a fairly old graphics engine is remarkable.

On the plus side though you get a title that has so many different types of racing you are truly spoilt. From trucks to F3, to the awesome V8 Stock Cars it's all there for you.

Due to the original origins of the sim as well, it comes with some brilliant Brazilian tracks which you will never have heard of but generate great racing.

There is one other benefit that AMS has. Because it's running an old graphics engine it can be run on fairly run of the mill gaming PC's as well.

It will be interesting to see what the new title looks like but in the meantime AMS is one of the best (and fun) pieces of sim software.

Raceroom and AMS are my two favourites at the moment but AMS is a bargain at that price.

My favourite sims currently is Assetto Corsa, R3E and Automoblista.
I was bowled over by Automobilsta when I first played it - it most be one of the most underrated racing sims on the market.

Reactions: DND
So this has become another "why we love AMS" thread? Well, let me get in on this. For me a lot of games have a slow,heavy feel to them. Even R3E, what I consider the 2nd best out there, often has a heavy feel to it. When I start to lose a car, it just feels like an unresponsive bus that cant be stopped. AMS is so much more responsive. The cars do what you tell them to. Even when you have a 1000hp monster that breaks free, it feels like you have a say in how it reacts.
As for the graphics, they're simple, not bad- a big difference. As long as you have AA set up and avoid bad pixels, I think it's fine. The look is very clean.

Exactly. They just feel natural - and a natural handful - from the first time you try them. They feel connected to the road and much more lively than other sims can reproduce currently. The twitches you get when braking at the limit in the Vintage are just amazing, weight transfer is just like it should be and even if there's no visible tire deformation simulated (yet), you can actually feel the rubber working underneath you when pushing it. I was having a big dilemma whether or not to spend 50 dollars on this game (base + dlcs) considering the engine it's running on, but having done it and sampling everything it has on offer i can't believe how good it is. When confronted with the choice, I have always been a fan of properly reproduced car handling rather than visuals, so I would've actually bought a game using GPL's engine if it were better at physics than pCars. It's been a long time since a sim made me remember a great lap or simply a great save (rFactor). Automobilista manages to do this on a constant basis. And this is why it's really a must have for me.

The only sim I actually enjoy driving an F1 style car in is Automobilista. Its the only sim I feel myself truly pushing to the ragged edge of adhesion without needing to endlessly practice. Most sims to get really fast I need to almost know the limits by memory, through knowing when the car goes in whichever corner. AMS I can feel it more than with any other sim, and with a crummy DFGT wheel no less.

I wouldn't use the word confidence to describe how I feel in any other sim compared to what I feel in AMS. Its the only sim where I'll go wheel to wheel with another person in an open wheel car and not feel like I'm gonna ruin his race and mine trying for daring moves.

Also sounds are very immersive and the car/track selection is so unique.

Thanks to all for your honest feedback. Great FFB and racing experience are what I consider to be the foundation of any sim with visuals and quantity of content coming next.

Just like every other game forum in the world Reb. There are already a few specific threads to share the feelings that the players have for ams, but with this comments a bit of the topic, I think it shows how ams is becoming more popular, and is not a under the radar sim, and now is it at the very top of the list of hardcore sim racing. I mean, Is better to read how someone is surprised that a game delivers more than expected, rather than how cool it looks but in the end is just another demonstration of a new graphics engine.

It does not make any fun at all here in the Automobilista forum to read anything else. Almost every time it is in a praise of Automoobilista and why it is the best , and has nothing more to do with the real topic.
Well that's the nature of threads relating to minor updates and releases. There's no news really so we just say what the hive mind tends to say. AMS is defined by a hyper positive and exuberant group, largely influenced by I think a mentality that sees the underdog quality of the title and thinks it deserves to be promoted. Its a very good faith sort of fanboyism.

Other sims in their "no news so lets just beat the primary topic to death" threads go in typically more negative directions. Generally there's nothing fun to talk about most of the time so you end up having the same yack you always do. Its like when I used to play DCS with an organized group. In our down time any extended talk about the sim would inevitably lead to trash talking the developers. Its just the narrative that goes with a given community.

Another thing to remember is that Niels and reiza have been working on this game for 6 years so it is literally been fine tune to death so if you if you think the praise it receives for the physics and force feedback seems a little over the top it's not it's totally justified and a makes sense given the amount of time these guys have spent fine tuning it this is the only game I have installed on my computer at the moment.

I used voice to type this.

Got the game from a generous RD member and working on getting a good feel with my Fanatec CSR wheel. Enjoying the experience.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

I think there are track detection issues at Adelaide. I finally got back into running the game and had two top laptimes annulled by it. Here's a picture of one of two laps in the 1:15.0-2 range so cruelly taken away:

1.JPG

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back