1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

SLS AMG

Discussion in 'Racer Cars' started by Mingus, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Hey, I started making the new mercedes sls amg. I did some body work and exported it to racer. It's just the beginning of the project, but I'm wondering if someone could make a good .ini for the car. Since it takes a long time to do that I ask it now and so it could be released one day... I'm not so good in making the physics right (and I find it not so interesting either, so....:wink:)

This is what I have so far...

Attached Files:

• sls.jpg
      sls.jpg
      File size:
      140.1 KB
      Views:
    • sls2.jpg
      sls2.jpg
      File size:
      144.9 KB
      Views:
    • sls3.jpg
      sls3.jpg
      File size:
      25.9 KB
      Views:
    • sls1.jpg
      sls1.jpg
      File size:
      25.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Nice model Mingus :D

3. This is my fav mercedes nowaday!! The best one!

btw, i can help you in whatever you want.

pm me your msn adress.

4. Niiiice!

5. If you're modelling in max make sure you use reset x-form before exporting. Seems you have some normal issues in-game. Resetting the x-form prior to exporting should fix that...
    Looking pretty good though, will watch the progress of this.

6. Nope, I do it in blender. There was a little problem with the texturing, but it's solved now. It's been to long so that I forgot how to do it:) Thanks anyway.

btw can you export to dof in 3dmax directly?

Little bit progress: nose, exhausts, and side things.

7. proof...

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      89.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      79.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      75.7 KB
      Views:
  8. now it has gauges

[​IMG]

9. Nice! Keep it up ;)

10. Adding details in the headlights...

Attached Files:

11. wow, gonna check it later

12. They look really nice! And 360km/h? heh... what engine did mingus put in this??
    Wiki states a "M 159 V8-engine", with a max torque 7200 rpm... but 360?? whoa..

13. Mingus hasn't put an engine in it yet:D It's still the engine from amgfan's booster. He will be doing the engine though.
    The gauges are correct. It has indeed a V8 and the max speed is about 317km/h I guess, but 360km/h is in case you go downhill:p

http://www.cartype.com/pics/7567/full/mercedes-benz_sls_amg_cluster_10.jpg

14. @mingus: thanks for the info! and for the image link.. :)

15. that look Awesome this is going to be an Amazing car PLEASE PLEASE do a non cg version and i wish we had a non cg version of the sl 65 amg

16. Buy a new computer or a new graphic card

17. well its new computer or food id rather live than have a new computer if ya dont mind

18. Before someone dies... It's gonna be a non-cg version since I don't have a good graphic card either. for me its a new Mac or my studies, so....:)

19. :doublethumb::pcbeat::pcbeat: my pc hates me even with some of the Basic noncg stuff XD but im glad someone agree about life priorities

20. we are together, after we finish this car, i will ask raphael buttman to help us with cg version.