1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow frame rate in BTB stages

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by Andrew Lowe, Oct 4, 2014.

1. I found an old thread about this but was mostly talking about older hardware.
    Was just wondering if the slow fps I am getting on some of the btb stages is considered normal or not for my specs.

I am running 5760 x 1080 triple screen on an i3 3.3Ghz, 8gb DDR3 ram, AMD Radeon HD7750 1GB with Windows 7 64.

I get good frame rates on other sim racing games (rFactor, Race07 with nearly max details & 30 cars), and get 100 - 150+ on standard RBR stages.
    Sweet Lamb is one BTB stage that runs good 100+fps, but most others (Ouninpohja, but also shorter stages like Humalamaki) are 30-40fps and undriveable.

I have tried a lot of the suggestions with editing ini files (vSyncActive value to 0, WaitRetrace = false, UseCubicEnvironmentMaps = true), and also tried lower resolution, which have helped a bit but only to about 45fps.

Are there any tricks or shortcut command line switches (like rfactors +highprio & +fullproc) or the like that help rbr on newer hardware?

Are there any settings in Catalyst that should make much of a difference in this older game? Tried basically setting everything to low but didn't notice much.
    Have also tried using Radeon Pro to adjust the "flip queue size" as this helped a lot on an older system but didn't seem to make any difference.

I am thinking this is probably normal as a lot of the BTB stages are not "optimised" to run like the original stages, but just thought I would check what others say about those specs.