Slow forum loading solved

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Is it me or is the forum now 100x faster than 30 minutes ago?

Inside the software there is an option to store css as files and its recommended to enable, which i did months ago.

Last weeks the forum, at least for me, was terrible slow in loading. After spending too much time in finding the cause of this slowness i decided to revert this option and all of sudden the pages load in milliseconds again :)

Am I dreaming or is it also much faster for you guys ?

You really dont notice any difference? Its like day and night here. Especially navigating from Home to Forum is now so much faster. Let's hope this solved it :)

Yeah i could smoke 10 cigarettes and drink 10 cups of coffee before it switched. Hmm at least this change should be better for my health then.

Still it makes no sense at all. Its recommended to enable this setting to speed things up, instead it slows it down. The new guys at vbulletin are rapidly making name for themselves as a bunch of nitwits. Give me back the old development team please, much better.

When the wizards are back from holiday i hope we can further investigate this all and see if there is even a better solution.

Damn, every solution creates another problem. With these changes all the custom styles are broken again.

My apology to the BTB, Racer, XMR, STC and FSR guys. Will try to fix this soon.

Crap, all the hard work in the drain.

• RJARRRPCGP

Still it makes no sense at all. Its recommended to enable this setting to speed things up, instead it slows it down. The new guys at vbulletin are rapidly making name for themselves as a bunch of nitwits. Give me back the old development team please, much better.

This is why I like phpBB better. No offense. phpBB usually is real fast.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 464 39.1%