Slot Car Racing

800x600_wlf1-may-2010-sector3-lr_01.jpg

The White Lake Formula 1 Ring is a slot car track, in a basement, built by someone with a lot of spare time. But check your bias at pit row, because this scale track is better than most real ones.

More...

And a video of it:

There is a slot-car booth at the closest shopping center where i live. I tried it a few times, but there is no need for releasing the throttle in the corners, just pressing the button constantly. That makes it very boring, just some eye-fest watching four cars going around. Of course a proper slot car system would not be like that afaik.

Other than that, no professional slot car places i know. So i will pick the 3rd option on the poll. :)

I'm a former slot car racer, haven't touched gone near it in months... I've got a huge collection :) F1 Cars, LMP's you name it.. I've even got a campervan ;)

I've got a collection as well, I think it might be a good idea to open a post were we can share them?

There is a slot-car booth at the closest shopping center where i live. I tried it a few times, but there is no need for releasing the throttle in the corners, just pressing the button constantly. That makes it very boring, just some eye-fest watching four cars going around. Of course a proper slot car system would not be like that afaik.

Other than that, no professional slot car places i know. So i will pick the 3rd option on the poll. :)

Indeed, proper racing means no magnets, engine braking and a lot of skill to be fast.

Like in simracing I guess there is arcade and simulation mode :D

I think my AFX set is still sitting in my parents storage locker. I should go and see if it's still there one of these days.

I never raced but played a lot as a kid. There is a place called Apollo Hobbies in town here that holds meets for racing events.

I've got a collection as well, I think it might be a good idea to open a post were we can share them?

Sounds like a cracking idea :)
Can you remember what your first slot car was?? Mine was in a set it was a black Porsche 911 and was dead slow until opened it up and put a new motor in which was about 3 times more powerful :)

OMG! This is amazing.

I love the tracks with custom slots and uneven lane distribution, I think they are more challenging and you have to consider also the other cars all the time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back