1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Slipangle feel

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Boby Kim, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon... Premium Member

How to setup my T500 for the slipangle feel in de Adac cars? Through the whole corner including under / oversteer, the ffb stays at the same amount of force until the car actual slips into a uncontrolable spin. Another cue for slipangle could be the tire sound but the margin is so narrow, for me, its impossible to use it as a reference of racing on the limit. Can somebody help me?

2. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Did you read through all of that thread at the top of the forum about the FFB after the last big update?

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wheel-settings-after-update.92742/

Edit - for example, from Georg:
    "If you are driving a RWD car, then you might want to lower the lateral forces in the ffb menu a bit, and increase steering force + vertical load instead."

3. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

I have literally tried every single setting and still the FFB is steady through the whole corner as said before. The only difference i notice while changing FFB settings are
    1) more or less force in the corners but the force itself is steady through the whole corner without the slip angle feel
    2) i feel more feedback from the track at straights
    It does not matter which setting i change. They all feel the same to me. They all produce more or less feedback. Somehow i do not feel any difference between the vertical wheel load or lateral forces. While increasing the setting they both produce a stronger steady feedback in corners or in contrary less feedback. They do not produce
    It the same for the radical. The only cue i have to notice the car is over its slip angle is the visual cue from the car in relation to the track. But the slip angle is so tight that when i see it it is too late.
    But maybe there is no slipangle feel at all, if so that is also an answer and then i know i do not have to test more with the FFB settings.

4. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Did you turn down the overall FFB strength in the game for the car? It sounds like you're experiencing some kind of clipping.

5. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

My overal basic settings are:
    Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% (as in Peters post).
    In game i do not use the maximum FFB strength for any setting as i understand (at least i think i do) the clipping story (read a complete article at ISI forum). Next to that i have problematic shoulders so my FFB has to be lower. Maybe it has to do with the T500...
    I'll wait for the update to finish and give it another go.

6. Look at your Thrustmaster-Settings. Turning springs/dampening "off" may be the solution if they are "on". I had the same issues with my Fanatec CSR before turning springs/dampening "off".

7. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Touring car fanatic Premium Member

I haven't dialed in my ffb 100% for my tx but atm they feel pretty good.
    I am not at my pc but going from memory in my thrustmaster profile Iam running
    Overall ffb = 70%
    100%
    100%
    spring set to game
    In game settings are all stock overall ffb strength lowered to 70%
    And for better tire sounds I increased both scrub & skid to 100% as I felt the beautiful car sounds were drowning out the tires at higher rpms.