Slip angle and more

BhZ

Simdriver for Singularity Racing
So, i keep seeing people talking about it and finally i decided to find out what it is and why it is so important. Now, i understand what it is and partly what causes that but i don't understand how that information can be usefull. To be more precise, once i know the slip angle, the slip ratio and everything, what should i do to improve the performance of the car based on those information? I searched for a while now and i found many sites that explain what it is, but none that explain how to exploit that information in order to "make your car faster".

P.s. I was interested in buying some URD packs, but i don't know which of those are the most used online or for leagues, any suggestion?

Since i'm not receiving any answer, can anyone at least link me a pdf or something with the explanation (some sort of guide)?

Is there really any way to actually exploit slip angles? I'm not sure there is. Knowing if the slip angles are different for front and rear tyres might be helpful in combating oversteer/understeer, but I don't see how knowing the actual slip angle of each tyre is particularly useful. But then, I'm not very good with setups.

It's important for how the tire feels like when you're driving, mostly. Sports tires (slick or semislick) are built to have peak grip at smaller slip angles, which makes the tire feel more responsive when you turn the steering wheel. You can use it to check for understeer (front tire slip angle higher) or oversteer (rear tire slip angle higher) but that's about it.

If i understand correctly, slip angle depends on load sensitivity too, so i thought that changing the weight transfer would actually change that value, obtaining a more balanced car. Am i wrong?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%