PC2 Slightly Mad Studios to Announce New IP?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios head man Ian Bell has teased fans about an upcoming announcement.. a new game IP from the developers that brought you Project CARS and Need for Speed..

With Project CARS already out and taking on established PC and console racing rivals, plus with Project CARS 2 development well underway and the upcoming free to play Red Bull Air Race game also picking up pace one would be forgiven for thinking SMS already have enough on their plate, not so says Slightly Mad Studios Head Ian Bell!

Speaking with fans over on the GTP forum, Bell admitted Slightly Mad Studios have "massive news" unrelated to the Project CARS franchise, stating they intend to announce "a new franchise (that's) very VERY exciting".

So with previous titles Project CARS, Test Drive Ferrari Racing, Shift 2 Unleashed and Need for Speed Shift under its belt, what could the new IP mean for SMS?

When pushed on if the announcement relates to a racing title, Bell was cagey in his reply, responding "Yes, sort of", which only heightens the curiosity around the future reveal.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more news on what Slightly Mad Studios have up their sleeve as and when it becomes available....

Last edited:
People were angry and frustrated,it was a shambolic release and some nasty bugs are still not fixed and they out right lied about certain things,if game studios want more respect in there forums then release better games and stop taking gamers for mugs.

I get that, I've experienced a few but luckily I don't play MP so have missed out on a lot of the major issues. There's nasty bugs in all games. I play Elite: Dangerous and there's been bucket loads in that game even with CONSTANT support, patches have even introduced NEW bugs. It's not a perfect world.

The only "lies" I can think of are possible pit crews, ovals and the indycars connections, first two were planned and were being worked on but SMS couldn't get them to work in the time frame and they were cut...that's development for you, look up what was cut from Half life 2...imagine if they'd released that to the public and then people would have complained about the "promises" of certain content and the "lies". I have no idea what happened with the Indycar connection other than the oval situation affected it as well. The Website should have been updated on the situation made clearer on that, marketing foul up.

I don't think SMS take people for mugs at all, it's an excellent sim once setup properly (which to be fair most sims need quite a bit of tweaking at first, I've never had a sim I just fired up after installing and had everything feel right). Problem is like NMS found out you get on the bad side of the MP brigade and all hell breaks loose as I truly think that crowd has a lot to learn about manners.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%