SLI Pro

Abdul Al-Amry

2011 RD Indy 500 Winner
Guess whats coming in the post in a few days :rolleyes::rolleyes:?

Just ordered SLI Pro with 3 switches. Already excited and havent even seen it in flesh yet. Can we make this thread the dos n donts for this device? Cant wait to get it all hooked up to the G25 wheel.

Hello every body
the same for me i wait for 1 month no answer nothing;150euros in the nature is not very serious! I make a procedure with paypal is a steeler ;I am furious

Upvote 0
Patovl959 I had the same issue and Leo replied with this message

Hi Abdul,

THank you for your order and email. I really apologise for such a long lead time.
Just moved into the new office and it wasted a lot of time on admin and physical move.

I have about 7-10 days backlog for products requiring manual post-assembly (SLI-Pro does!)

Your order has actually been completed and packaged yesterday and is sitting here waiting to be shipped tomorrow.
You should get it Tuesday or Wednesday.

Sorry once again - I hate having a backlog so I am on my way to eliminating it (slowly!)

Cheers
Leo

My advice is to wait m8. It will get to you.

Upvote 0
is there a section in the sli-pro software that sets up the encoders? i have not found it in the tray icon. I thought needed to use the sli-m manager program to set the encoders up.

I make da wheels, but still not sure on all the setup :)

Upvote 0
is there a section in the sli-pro software that sets up the encoders? i have not found it in the tray icon. I thought needed to use the sli-m manager program to set the encoders up.

I make da wheels, but still not sure on all the setup :)

As Abdul said, you need the configuration software. Its a one time only affair (unless you want to change something).

The manager prog is used to recognise which game is running so that the board works.

And note that rFactor works without the manager prog.

Upvote 0
ok, must be why it worked the first time i tested a wheel, but wont come up anymore. can run the pro test program no problem, but just cant set the encoders, so i leave that up to the customer.
Thanks for the info!

and i must have missed the config prog. had downloaded the EK, pro and M manager program. Will have to check that one out next wheel.

Upvote 0
Right, I am getting frustrated with the USB cable getting stuck all the time. I was thinking if there is ever a wireless USB sender/receiver. Sender can be connected to SLI Pro and receiver can be connected to the PC. Surely if this hasnt been manufactured yet, someone has to. I can see a problem though with powering the sender. Ideas on solving this problem. Coiled USB cable wont do as the PC is a bit further away.

Upvote 0
two things, i did download the pro specific encoder program and that solved the no recognition problem with the encoders on a pro board.

With the coiled cable and puter being further away, could you not get a female to male plug, plug the coiled cable into one side and a longer cable from the plug to the puter? this way you have the coiled close to help keep it from being caught up when the wheel turns and give enough length to reach the puter.

Upvote 0
i dont think it should, but there is one other solution i forgot to mention that i am going to try for poots and grins...... going to find a a small diameter spring kind of like a screen door spring, attach it to the cable and a secure point under my pod. that way the spring should take up the slack when at center, and allow the cord to move out of the way under the wheel.

Upvote 0
The extra distance and the single additional connector should not create enough resistance to have any effect on data transfer what so ever. If you have a doubt though you can always add a USB hub near your wheel. These hubs would have any necessary amplification if it is needed for the signal.

Upvote 0
Phew thanks guys. Managed to get this sorted. Having the cable on the side and parallel to the wheel helps alot. No more mess and unpredictability when turning.

dsc4293.jpg

dsc4294k.jpg

anticlockwise.jpg

clockwise.jpg

Upvote 0
Glad to see you got things squared away. Keep us posted on any issues that may come up with that type of install, as it sure looks like it should completely take care of the issue.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back