SLI-M Wheel Plate and How to

Okay guys never done this before but Ive been really wanting to make my own that suits what I want.
Could someone review my basic wiring diagram please?
Ive followed the tuturial above, and still have a few questions for the smart ones.

First off Im using a SLI-M from Leo. From what I can work out, I can use;
2 Rotary encoders with push buttons...http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836X/ELMA-E37.pdf
8 Knitter buttons (2 buttons per connection) http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836X/Knitter-MPS103F.pdf
My summary;
Theres basically 6 connections on the SLI-M board. So each Rotary encoder will take up 1 spot each.
Which leaves four connections, that can have 2 buttons on each.

Do the rotory encoders need their own button wired directly to them? Can I add any extra buttons without wiring a matrix?

I dont want to wire a matrix, I dont want to make a science out of it..lol.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• Sli-Wiring.pdf
    10.5 KB · Views: 463
Thanks Chris, I think Ive drawn it poorly, it supposed to show each ground goes to the first button then bridged to the second.

I gather 8 buttons is the max for a SLI-M wired in that configuration?
Thanks for the link, Ive ordered Leo's ones. Appreciate the help.

Oh one other thing once Ive wired everything up, can I configure which buttons adjust the brightness of the display etc.

Upvote 0
i normally do 2 push encoders and 10 buttons on a M board. You dont have 16 pins on the end? I hook one ground pin, then daisy chain the rest off of the one wire.
And then i use these encoders, Rotary encoder CTS288 model 288V232R161B2 has 3 inputs, and two grounds. center on the 3 pin side and looking at the bottom, the right hand pin on the 2 pin side with it up.

But if you only have 12 inputs, would be different. and not familiar with the push type encoder.

Upvote 0
err Dont mind me, yes I do have the 16 pins. Thanks Ill use those encoders. Im using iRacing mainly now and the brightness of the display is one thing I want to adjust as its just too bright.

Also where do I get the knobs for the encoders from, any options?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Not sure where your located at, but if in the states, Radio Shack has some decent ones or i sell some knobs with colored vinyl on them in red, blue, green, yellow and white. Check here: simracnwheels.com

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back