SLI-M Help

Hey, call me stupid but I'm confused none the less. I got my SLI-M today, do I need to download software for it, or is it already on the board? I get redirected to the EK Sim SLI-MAX Manager which I have to pay 7$ for?? Can someone just confirm this for me, or am I just missing something in all my excitement? Thanks

I think my main problem with any of this is that none of the firmware updates work for me. The rars are corrupt or just not working. I've went through 2 or 3 different places so far. Starting to get a little frustrated.

Upvote 0
Not trying to be an ass, or calling anyone a liar but I have tried using both the EK Sim site, and Leo Bodnar on 3 computers (and my tablet) for the past 2 days and none of them are working for me. Guess it's NOT meant to work for me :( Weird, but I'll keep trying other things I guess.

Upvote 0
Alright... I found that I may have a bigger problem. I went and used yet another computer which actually successfully downloaded the file. I threw it on a thumb drive and brought it home. Eagerly excited I plugged that sucker in and double clicked on the file, than POOF! it fricken disappeared and said it could not find the file on my thumb stick. I think there is a ghost at work here. What a jerk and I'm still stuck here with a brand new SLI-M that is nothing more than a $80 nick-nack. Ughh...

Upvote 0
Every time I try to download the firmware I get this -> C:\Users\(directory\filename).rar.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

Does this help anyone with helping me? I've been trying to do some of the stuff I have seen on the EK blog about updating your C++ registry or whatnot but I'm not sure if it's really getting me anywhere yet...

Upvote 0
Has anyone got a summary of what the software plugins will allow the Leo Bodnar boards to show.
I can't seem to find the information without perhaps joining the Eksimracing forum.

I would be using this board with RBR.

Thanks,
Pete

Upvote 0
I really don't understand a few things.

1 - If you say you don't have to pay for the software for it to work, why can't I a key if I don't make a donation?
2 - What part of "http://www.eksimracing.com/?page_id=21" am I supposed to download? The SLIMAXManager or some other part? Opening the SLI Manager just tells me I need to register to get a key (which involves making the $7 donation)

I was able to update the firmware using another computer, I just don't understand how I am supposed to control the SLI-M or set it up. I am seriously getting frustrated with this.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 220 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years