Sli-f1 rotary encoder advice needed

Hi Guys,

I have built myself a sim wheel which utilises a Leo Bodnar SLI-F1 Display.

Its a F1 replica wheel and has two thumb wheels ....one on each side.

Thumb Wheel by DIY F1 Wheel Jamesscotland73, on Flickr

Each thumb wheel uses a Leo Bodnar rotary encoder but I am not getting the outputs I expected.

For example, when i rotate the right thumb wheel one notch away from me it depresses button 27, if i continue another notch it depresses button 28 (note, button 27 is also still depressed at this point so at this point both 27 and 28 are lit up, this is in Sli-Interface properties under game controllers ) if I rotate it another notch button 27 turns off, if I rotate another notch 28 goes off.

What I want is when rotating away from me it would press button 27 and release immediately and rotating towards me it would press 28 and release immediately.

Either I have hard wired this up wrong or I need to configure this somewhere in the software.

If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated....I hope my post is not too confusing.

wow what a great wheel you have build here, very very impressed, im gonna be doing the same, it wont be as nice as yours but it will do, i have just a question for you, where did you find the "materiel" on the wheel handels? what is that ? sway? alcantare? please help me i wont to put the same on my steering wheel

this thing looks sick btw:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Upvote 0
wow what a great wheel you have build here, very very impressed, im gonna be doing the same, it wont be as nice as yours but it will do, i have just a question for you, where did you find the "materiel" on the wheel handels? what is that ? sway? alcantare? please help me i wont to put the same on my steering wheel

this thing looks sick btw:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Hi There,

I bought some A4 suede sheets from Ebay and used that.

Upvote 0
ohhhhhhhhhh i see. so you just cut it to size to match the handels? do you have anything beneath the suede like foam or something else ? and how did you manage toooo hmmm i dont know the word to use it.....how did you "glue??" "to sew??" the suede into the handels?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing