1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skype during race?

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Tume, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Tume

The unlucky Finn

Is Skype allowed for speaking or is Teamspeak mandatory instead? TS doesn't work for me...
  2. Why wouldnt it be?
  3. Tume

The unlucky Finn

Just checking.
  4. As I know, skype takes some internet power and if everyone starts to use it, I think that will pick up the ping during the race.
  5. If u are planning to use this kind of program u should definitely use Mumble.
  6. Why? What's wrong with TS ?

7. Because Mumble beats TS in every area, latency, voice quality etc. For example all fps gamers who rely heavily on voice softwares all uses Mumble because its just best there is by far. Im not gonna start explaining it on length here, you can google about it if u want more info. :>
  8. I have already installed it, in next few days gonna test it with other person. Thanks :)
  9. Tume

The unlucky Finn

I'll use Skype for now as I have no time for Mumble setup now...
  10. People actually talk during the races?

Anyway, from rules -
    "The use of any kind of bandwidth-consuming software, such as instant messengers, peer-to-peer
    clients, web browsers, etc., during online sessions is not permitted and may lead to penalties."

"Teamspeak/Ventrilo and applications of this nature are allowed to be used."

Dunno in which category skype goes..
  11. Tume

The unlucky Finn

I didn't talk on this race, it was just a thought of mine with a friend but we decided not to do it. However, I'm not the only one speaking during the races. :)
  12. Oh, interesting :) I don't see any gains doing it though.. but that's off topic, sorry =)

13. I do

14. Well there are some advantages, for example I always want to know if someone that is near to me its pitting or not and which tires has he set. Then also when I'm close to pits I want to know if im going to have traffic or not, then I decide to keep on track more laps or pitting earlier.
  15. Ah ok. Well I get the needed info from the default rF timing hud, always works for me :)

16. Well, the problem with that (at least to me), is that I have to think how much time is gaining me per lap or how much time do I need, where im making mistakes...

Ofc if you are talking with a person while racing you got to be 100% confident with him.... Just ways of racing :D
  17. Tume

The unlucky Finn

Either way talking while driving just increases the realism level? Spotter, anyone? :D