rF2 Skoda Octavia Cup @ Cadwell Park - Tuesday October 26th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Still not working... Can't belive.

That's not a router/firewall problem I guess, since I only have this problem once in a while. Most of the time everything just works fine.

E: Sorry for the inconvenience anyway :( Will try to fix this the next RD club race I'll try to take part in.

To Yann, I've had problems not getting the matchmaker service to work in some mods. I just select the All Cars & Tracks series and it always works then. I hope that works for you next time :).

Anyway another nights gr8 racing in the Skodas. Real pity we can't get some more people taking part, but at least the quality of driving is of a high standard:good:.

I had trouble getting the chicane right in practice and Qual. Just couldn't work out the best way to take it!!! Qualified in 3rd so not bad, but knew the race would be difficult and would have to rely on others having accidents.

Race 1: Got away ok, but bogged down shifting to 2nd. Got beaten into T1 and down to 4th. Moved up briefly when Lee had an off ahead of me. Then Chris got past with a nice move and I then watched him chase down Adam and Matt. I was able to stay in close contact with them and as they battled I caught up with Adam. All I could do was keep up though and I was losing time at the chicane everytime. Finished 4th 3.3sec off Chris in 1st, so pretty close stuff.

Race 2. Popped down to the kitchen quickly to put my work lunch in my bag to make a quick getaway afterwards. When I returned the guys were talking about going straight to the race and reversing the order manually. I said yes as it would make getting to work less of a rush. I didn't think until it was too late that the grid was reversed by the order we'd been loaded onto the server. The top three (now last 3) were correct, but if it was supposed to be reversed from the finishing order I should have started in 3rd not 1st. Also Lee and Tom would have been the other way round, but no one seemed too bothered. Anyway got away ok again, but beaten into T1 by Lee. Got by after the flatout section and took the lead. Matt soon got onto the back of me. I made a mistake coming out of the tight chicane again, but Matt tried to go by on my right which is where my car was trying to send me. It slowed him down into Chris path. I'm not sure what happened after, but Chris dropped back and Adam was into 3rd. Then soon after I saw Matt go off in the flatout section and Adam was into 2nd. I had finally worked out a better line and entry for the tight Chicane which was allowing me to run at a more consistant pace. We battled for a while until Adam managed to get a good slipstream through the first sector and I went defensive for the right hander at the top of the hill. Adam did the switch back on me putting himself on the inside for the flat right-left. Though I had the inside for the left hander I didn't want to run us both off so I backed out and ran wide anyway!!! The following laps though I was surprised I could stay with Adam and now I was getting the slipstream through sector 1. After a couple of half attempts at getting alongside (Adam was defending well) I thought I'd have one last go on the final lap. Much to my surprise though Adam got distracted by missing a gear change in sector 1 and he ran wide allowing me to sneak by into 1st. He'd managed to carry good speed on the grass though and he stuck with me the rest of the way round. This was probably the closest finish I'd had for a win so far, but a lot of fun.

Thanks to RD and Adam Eggbeer for setting up and to all the guys racing 2nite. Some very good clean, competitive racing:good:.

Was good last night philip, most people times were eqaul and made for good racing. Couldnt belive i missed my gear, i looked on the reply and put it into 5th gear to late and jst gave me some understeer abit later on the corner forcing me wide. Good battle though but just couldnt get chance for an attempt overtake on last lap as i was about half a second down. Nice clean racin and wd on the win.
Not sure about this mod, the car seems to have soo much grip.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back