1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skoda Octavia Cup @ Autodrom Most - Tue October 5th 2010

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ivo Simons, Sep 30, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM Skoda Cup
    Mod: Skoda Octavia Cup
    Track: Autodrom Most (No chicane)

Event start: 19:00 GMT
    Practice: 30 minutes
    Qualification: 10 minutes
    Warm up: 3 minutes
    Race: 2 x 20 min

1. 2006/2007 cars only

2. Click here to read the password and golden rules.

3. We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here. You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
  2. Entry List:

1. Ivo Simons
    2. Adam Eggbeer
    3. Tomasz Demolin
    4. Neil Tasker
    5. Łukasz Demolin
    6. Kamil Uszyński
    7. Amir Margalit
    8. Nicholas Cole
    9. Valerio Vinassa
  3. Me! : )))) thank you

4. one spot for me please:wink:
  5. Nice vid Ondrej, that cockpit looks btw quite the same ingame. :)
  6. sign me in please these cars are so much fun to drive,
  7. Do want! Loved the Skodas last week despite some rough patches. Seems I'm not as FWD-despising as I thought I am ;).
  8. Okay, I'll be there ;]
    Sign me up!
  9. I dont say this very soon. But its one awesome car. Brakes are nice and its very predictable. :)

10. sign me up please.
  11. Server is up. :)
  12. Sign me up please :)
  13. sorry i have busy day, cant show up... have fun though
  14. Come one guys a couple more. :)
    No need to worry about setups or anything. :D
  15. would be good to see a few more drivers in this one great cars too drive
  16. Last week's event was very close throughout the field with many battles. It was great fun and I hope it is the same this week :)
  17. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

try to join now :)
  18. You gottta love these cars. :)

Race 1:

Got a good Q lap and got in the 42.2 wich gave me pole.

Start was terrible. Didnt saw the lights they where right behind my Virtual Mirror. Before i realised that we started already...
    So was at the back of the grid in T2. Was a bit messy after that. Someone spun in T2 and the following corners it was also abit messy.
    Second to last corner i got a good run on Kamil but he blocked me abit so stayed behind him. Then he started to drift on the corner and i couldnt really avoid him. (but maybe i could i dont know.) Still sorry for that. After that my car was quite damaged at the front and the back and was still 8 seconds behind P3. Rest of the race i tried to close the gap to Nicholas and Adam. Last lap i was right behind them first Nicholas passed Adam and then Adam and i had a good Touring car scrap in the last lap. Maybe abit rough from both sides but thats racing. But got P3 in the end. :)

Race 2:

Little slower Q. But still pole.
    Start was decent was to long in 1st gear so blocked Neil abit to be sure. First laps i didnt really find my groove with cold tyres. But after 2 laps i managed to pull away from Neil and Adam as they fighted it out. Was cool to watch btw. :) So took P1.

Thanks for racing guys. :)
  19. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

wow nice event join at last and in Race 1 Im start last place,regular position eheheh first 2 laps a bit chaotic :D and less experience with this cars,Race2 better start and stay with the group ingage a nice battle with Tomasz and Kamil after a few of laps Tomasz ( unlucky episode) lost a car and crashed in to Kamil and me pass between the cars,sometime a bit of lucky :D my race go to the finish in loneliness,try to catch Amir but too far.

Thanks Ivo and RD alway fun events:)
  20. That was fun :)

Q1: PB to take 4th.

R1: Made a great start and was up to second. Had the run on Neil and had a look up the inside into Turn 5 but we touched (sorry). Recovered and held onto second. Was trying to keep in touch with Neil but he was pulling away as fast as I was pulling away from Nick. After about 4 laps my tyres disintegrated and I was just trying to stop Nick getting closer. Eventually he caught me and we had a good little scrap for a few laps before he overtook me on the last lap. Then Ivo was right behind me and we were side-by-side a lot, swapping paint before he just got in front on the penultimate corner to push me down into 4th.

Q2: Okish time for P4 again.

R2: Made another good start and was able to ass Amir on the run to turn 5. Neil ran wide in turn 9 so I was able to take second. I was holding onto the tail of Ivo for a couple of laps until he made a mistake in the penultimate corner and I had to slow to avoid him. I lost the slipstream and that allowed Neil to sit on my rear wing. Fended him off as much as I could, just trying to get him out of my slipstream on the straights but eventually he squeezed through at turn 1. I tried to get him back but he was too quick so I settled for 3rd.

Thanks Ivo, RD, and all those that raced :)