Skippy

Ok, this is a car I loved using on IR, really intuitive and nce you got the controls a real fun car to drive

In RF2 however this car is the worst one for the driving on ice feeling

Now, I have tried everything, dropping tyre pressures, totally changing setups yet I always get the same totally distant ice feeling while driving it?

Cant seem to find a setup on here sadly, but from what I have tried nothing much makes a difference, on the two or three tracks I tried anyway, Croft Lime Rocka nd Snett.

Are you rubbering in the tracks properly? its very slippery on a Green track (most race cars are) but once its rubbered in I've had great races at LRP and Mills, certainly not any "ice" feeling and that rings true for the rest of the cars for me. Using a G25 btw

Me too Pulley

I mean it literally does feel like friving ona very icy surface

Is there default setup any good? Maybe its that

I know what you mean about green line, this is true in other cars for sure, but this thing is SO far off initially that I would struggle to even get round to warm anything up!

it is a difficult car to drive and get to grips with, I turned tens maybe a hundred laps of LRP before I got it and that was with the default setup....infact I dont think I've tinkered too much with the default at all. But I just dont feel the "ice" you describe apart from a green track, but thats to be expected.

Is it the lift-off oversteer of death causing problems?

I found braking early and then applying some throttle during turn in helped make it drive-able.

edit: having said that, I've just tried a race at LR in the wet. Now that is on ice.

Yes that is the correct technique, at least I always apply a little bit throttle during the whole lap, except during braking. With the throttle I also get the car around corners. Also with default setup. Rain is always difficult, should be a bit icy;)

Its a tricky car to drive but IMO the physics are realistic.
Setup helps. I changed mine and got more rear weight balance. Also a little with camber and springs I think which helped quite a bit. Prob 1.5 sec/lap off standard setup.

I will have a look and compare them and try to post it.

Cheers
David O'Reilly
Official ISI Skippy AI driver

Witch tires do you use, National or Regional ?
Regional tires are usually used in default setup and they are much more difficult to drive...
Actually, there's still a graphic bug : Regional AND National tires look the same (with 2 stripes) but physics are really different. You can change tire type in car list ==> Skippy ==> Showroom ==> Update (on the right) ==> series.
I hope this can help..

OK I had a look at my setup. It was a quick roughing in to get it more driveable, so far its..
Ill list stock on the left //and mine on the right.
Tyre Pressure Kpa Front 221 //212
Rear 234//226
Ride Height Front 8.3//7.3
Rear 7.6//6.5
Camber Front -2.2// -2.4
Rear -2.0// -1.7

ARB Font is fixed at 30 MN
Rear 30Nm// 20 NM

So a drop in ride height, slight drop in tyre pressure, more front camber, less rear camber and a softer rear ARB to increase rear gri
I'm using regional tyre which is a treaded road with less grip.In my view.
Setups are best performed with the lowest grip tyre available.

Good luck and keep learning!!!

search for racer alexs advanced F1 setup guide on line

The purpose of the horrible skip is to force you to react to under and mainly oversteer, there's nothing wrong with the skippy, it's not like the old iracing spec racer, it just requires that you have full control of the car and that you take racing line, brake points, brake, throttle and steering inputs seriously.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back