Skins

Basically I just wanted to know how you make skins for RBR?
Find a skin template for the car in question, open it up in Photoshop or GIMP or whatever, paint away, and save it as a .dds file.

At the very least, you'd want to have an external (skin for a shiny new car), external_scrape (skin for a damaged car), and external_transparent (windows, your name, flag, and stuff like that).

That's the basics of it I guess, I'll leave the rest to experts.

Here's a template example for the 06 Focus WRC: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6335348/rbr stvari/FocusWRC06templatev10.rar

The car I'm going to be using is the Impreza URT (if that helps)
I wont be painting the skin a friend will be doing it but I just need all the info I can get, once its all finished where do put the skin in my directory?.
Also I've noticed the season 4 plates have come out now, where do I save them?

The car I'm going to be using is the Impreza URT (if that helps)
I wont be painting the skin a friend will be doing it but I just need all the info I can get, once its all finished where do put the skin in my directory?
Try this for a template: http://www.mediafire.com/?kyc6d98xbo99ad2

When it's all ready, you put the .dds files inside a zip file, and the zip file inside a folder with the same name. For example:
Richard Burns Rally\Skins\Impreza_N14_URT\Graham Bridgett\Graham Bridgett.zip

Also I've noticed the season 4 plates have come out now, where do I save them?
Those are just image files you can place on your skin, it's not used by the game directly.

Yeah, no convenient car viewer for RBR so you have to have to running to see your skins 'in action'. What I like to do is have RBR running in a window, with a replay of the car you're editing playing. Then you make edits to the skin, export to DDS into the skin folder, and restart the replay where the skin will be automagically updated to show your new changes. Makes lining up textures across different areas of the map much easier.
As for your CamHack problem, try deleting its .ini file and see if that helps (it will create a new one).

Thanks to Damien, ive sorted out the internal transparent file :)

Still I have new question. When running on dirt (english tracks and so on) the dirt texture that comes on the car seems rather bad. By the end of the stage my car looks almost completely brown, is it a way to change this ? maybe get some more detailed dirt or something.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%