Skins on public servers

D

David

• David

Has anyone seen other people on the public servers with skins.the question is when i finally get into a private server will there be people who like me use skins?

I thought that the whole point of custom skins in GTRe and Race 07 was that the skins would be passed out hence the "skin loading" when someone joins the server.

Maybe I'm just missing something though...

The dedicated server directory has a custom skins folder in it. Most don't bother to put any skins in that folder, so no custom skins on the server.

I put all my skins in that folder as well so people can drive custom skins on my server.

You have to remember that the car selection screen when joining a server is showing you what skins the server is offering, not the skins that you may have.

So a server can have custom skins that you might not have, but you can still see and drive them because it's on the server. The other drivers don't have to have the skin themselves in order to see the skin. The server is hosting the skin.

It's not like tracks, where everybody has to have it. The server can host skins that everyone can see without the other drivers having that skin on their hard drive.

M

Matt Alpeter

• Matt Alpeter

they are in replay! I always use the black and orange KTM skin for the E90. makes you car really stand out.....if only everyone else saw it :(

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000