Skinning Tutorial

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
I started this tutorial some months ago on RaceSimCentral, but after a while the graphics were lost. At the moment even the startpost was gone.

Recovered the text and reformatted it into a PDF.

Hope it is still useful for our members.

Attachments

• Race 07 Car Skinning Tutorial.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 9,347
  • Andy Marsden

Hey quick question - i have the dds pugin and have flattened the image but when I try and save as a dds file it tells me that i need PS 3.0 or greater...I have 5.5

• Andy Marsden

Nope its deffo a windows version, Stu T mailed it to me.
I have been PMing him and he said he recalls how to sort it but can't remember exactly and will get back to me tomorrow.

• Andy Marsden

Nope that is doing the same thing as saving from a .psd and I can't open a .dds either.
Would it be related to Vista by any chance?

Error screengrab attached.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 254
I've seen this before mate - I'm desperately wracking the old crust to remember what it was.

If you haven't already, try uninstalling and re-installing both the plug-in AND PS.

Also, do try using PSP - it's not quite as picky as PS in certain respects, and one of my mates is a web designer, and he swears it's better than PS for the actual drawing/painting side of things. I suspect that is familiarity talking but they do have something ridiculous like 96% shared functionality.

That's about as close as a human is to a gorilla, genetically speaking.

That last bit's no help is it?

• Andy Marsden

Clicked the link in that guide and found the .dds plugin but can't see the DLL downloads...or are they include in the dds DL?

• Andy Marsden

Sorry for being a pain guys, feel like a right noob lol, just want to get everything working properly and you guys seem the best to pester with queries :thumb:

• Andy Marsden

I'll have to try all this once I get home - I WILL get it working properly so I can show off and upload my skins :D

• Andy Marsden

Gah I can't seem to find the PSP download and i've re-installed it for PS and it is still being a pain in the arse! GRRR

EDIT: Scratch that, I downloaded the DDS converter and BOOF! I have my first skin in the game :D
Just need to tidy it up a bit now, thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated :thumb:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back