1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skin Manager Trouble

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by Sion Williams, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Hi Guys,

Having trouble getting skin manager to work, I've followed what tutorials I can see, and I am able to apply the skin in the manager. It loads on the bar across the bottom and says that the skin has been applied. But when I go in game, the original skin is still applied. Any suggestions on what I'm going wrong?

The new skin files are in the correct skin directory e.g.

C:\user\RBR\Skins\FIESTA_ST\EGSKIN and I've put the ZIP. and JPG. files in there so everything seems ok in the Skin Manager

2. Can't say much without the files. Upload the skin somewhere, post the link here, and I'll see if it works for me.

You might have applied the skin to the wrong car. Happened to me a couple of times, with Fiestas especially, if I remember correctly.
  3. Well It's actually just the blank Fiesta ST template so you can get it from the rallye sim web site.

That's what I thought, because it's for the Fiesta ST, which if I understand correctly applies to a few of the Fiesta's. (ST, R2 etc.) I want to apply it to the A6 class one, is it the same file?

4. I don't know, I have never driven the car, let alone dabbled with its skins. But since you're not seeing the skin, it's probably the wrong Fiesta.

Post a link or upload it somewhere, and I'll try and see what's what.
  5. On an unrelated note, does anyone know how to get the skin manager working with the N4_3 Evo X?
  6. What's the issue with it?

In any case, Skin Manager isn't anything fancy, you can simply copy textures around yourself without it.
  7. There doesn't appear to be a folder for it by default and I've tried adding one called LANCER_EVO_X, but it won't apply skins from there.

Will have to work it the manual way otherwise, but skin manager is much neater.
  8. Just tried it now, created the same folder manually, and it's working fine for me.

Can you upload the skin somewhere? Maybe you have a filename issue or something.
  9. Got it working now - it does belong in LANCER_EVO_X, but I'd had a typo lol. :oops:
  10. Sorry for the long reply, weekend away.

That is the skin I'm trying to apply.

I do understand how to apply them to the file without skin manager, just I'd like to try and use it as I want to create a few of my own. If I can't get it to work I don't mind too much.

11. Figured it out, the files I downloaded are a PSD not a DDS, I'll try saving them out as a DDS and report back to you.

12. LOL, was just about to point out that this is a template, not a skin.
  13. Yeah my bad, didn't realise they came as a PSD. Must have done the Skin Manager bit right then lol.

Thanks for your help anyway