Site Downtime

Dave Stephenson

RaceDepartment Technical Administrator
Staff
Premium
update 26/05;

Email systems are now back online, registration is open.

========================

update 25/05;

All issues should now be resolved with the exception of mail notifications and user registration. Theses will be returned to normality asap, with likely resolution tomorrow.

========================

As you may have seen in our Twitter and Facebook posts unfortunately we suffered a hardware failure on Sunday afternoon which put the webserver out of commission until the hardware could be replaced.

I'm glad to say the work went well as did installation and restoring our data from backups. The last backup took place around 3-4 hours before the failure so you may find that if you changed avatar, uploaded attachments, or added media etc after that time (approximately 8am-9am GMT) links may be broken or images missing.

In the meantime, email services are still to be restored so registration is currently closed an you won't receive email notifications. Aside from that it's business as usual apart from a little tweaking here and there.

If you do spot anything please drop me a message in this thread and I'll take a look.

Last edited:
I'm finding impossible to upload new skins...when i try to upload the file it says "the following error occurred - there was a problem uploading your file"
Hello.
Good job for your work.
Everything is accessible again.
For cons, I tried to load a Skin with his commentary and screens in the download, but each time he refused to load the skin file.
Ill take a look

@Dave Stephenson
Howdy again. I had big problems to log into RD. Felt like I got banned. I have contacted Tom via Steam, and we tried to get my account working again. He changed my PW etc. Nothing helped.
Last thing was, that I cleared the CACHE in Firefox..and voila... login worked just fine.

So, if anyone has problems to log into RD, try to clear your Browsercache first. ;)
Thank you @Tom btw.. ;)

Last edited:
@Dave Stephenson
Howdy again. I had big problems to log into RD. Felt like I got banned. I have contacted Tom via Steam, and we tried to get my account working again. He changed my PW etc. Nothing helped.
Last thing was, that I cleared the CACHE in Firefox..and voila... login worked just fine.

So, if anyone has problems to log into RD, try to clear your Browsercache first. ;)
Thank you @Tom btw.. ;)

Clicking on the FORUM TAB doesn't work anymore.
It says this :
http://www.racedepartment.com/index.../index.php/&/index.php/&/index.php/&/forums/&
It's working fine for me, what browser are you using? In Chrome I had a javascript console error until I did a reboot. Suppose we can expect the odd anomaly for a while.

@tessi

was about to post, was just waiting for my large file test to finish uploading. I'd give it 15 before you start your upload if you haven't done it already I need to reboot the server.

Thanks!!! Now I can upload skins but still the images uploaded in the post are not visible...how can I make visible the images that i upload in the post of a skin? Thanks!

Last edited:
Same as above, it's now possible to attach images to a post, but no preview, "thumbnail" or "full image" buttons appear bellow it when editing. Also, when directly using [ ATTACH ]#[ /ATTACH ] code for the respective image attachment (as those buttons would create), the image won't appear in the post, only a direct link will be created.

Thanks!!! Now I can upload skins but still the images uploaded in the post are not visible...how can I make visible the images that i upload in the post of a skin? Thanks!

For full images, a workaround is to paste the URL of the uploaded attachment on the image button (toolbar), it'll still show as an [ ATTACH=full ] would.

Last edited:
Dave thanks for your work.
It may be just me but I cannot 'search' the forum
Bruce

I tested this previous but something's changed in today's updates, I'll look into it.

Same as above, it's now possible to attach images to a post, but no preview, "thumbnail" or "full image" buttons appear bellow it when editing. Also, when directly using [ ATTACH ]#[ /ATTACH ] code for the respective image attachment (as those buttons would create), the image won't appear in the post, only a direct link will be created.

For full images, a workaround is to paste the URL of the uploaded attachment on the image button (toolbar), it'll still show as an [ ATTACH=full ] would.

Yes I noticed this too, I'll investigate it this evening

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing