Single monitor or VR ?

Hi guys, I would like to know from someone who has tried it if, like GPU temperatures (i have a Zotac GTX 1070 AMP!), it's better to play with a monitor or VR, in short if it changes from a technical point of view, driving experience already knows that the VR gives great feelings.
Thanks to whoever will answer :D:D

VR will work the card hard, but no different from a gaming monitor. The GPU running at 100% load is normal in any modern 3D game, whether it's on screen or VR. Temperature shouldn't be a concern. If you overclock the card, then you ought to be running the fan speed higher anyway to prevent throttling.

The only concern really is whether your 1070 is up to the task for a particular VR title, the VR screen is 2160×1200, and a regular monitor is 1920x1080 so it's a big jump in pixels to render. The answer to that is somewhat different from game to game, you will need to lower the graphical settings for certain.

The trade off will be immersion (VR) or shiny visuals (Monitor). You can't have both on a 1070.

Upvote 0
Hi guys, I would like to know from someone who has tried it if, like GPU temperatures (i have a Zotac GTX 1070 AMP!), it's better to play with a monitor or VR, in short if it changes from a technical point of view, driving experience already knows that the VR gives great feelings.
To render VR you need 90 fps with internal resolution of 3024x1680 what is almost as much "pixels per second" as 4k @ 60fps.
So to know how your 1070 handles a VR just enable dsr (NVidia control panel, global profile->dsr->check the one below 4k and set Assetto Corsa to that resolution and see for your self :)
I can tell you: a 1070 won't be pleasant but "okay" for VR. (have one my self, know some things about GPU load etc)

Upvote 0
HI Antoino if your choice is single monitor or VR GO vr ...i run a zotac gtx1070 amp extreme NO o/c and oculus CV1...I have no problems with temperatures.running stock auto fan speeds at max loads about 52 deg c..also i get very good results for my games RE3 /AC/RF2 in vr .....if you buy a cv1 PM me i can help you with settings:)

Upvote 0
HI Antoino if your choice is single monitor or VR GO vr ...i run a zotac gtx1070 amp extreme NO o/c and oculus CV1...I have no problems with temperatures.running stock auto fan speeds at max loads about 52 deg c..also i get very good results for my games RE3 /AC/RF2 in vr .....if you buy a cv1 PM me i can help you with settings:)
I will consider it, thank you :)

Upvote 0
I think Im late on the reply, but here are my thoughts, I have tried with VR and my eyes get really tired fast and the temperature of the headset keeps going up and hotter, I don't like the resolution of it also. The good thing about VR is that just centers you into the car the feeling is awesome no better FOV than that. For me I like the monitor, until they do better with resolution and FPS.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 207 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years