1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Singapore makeover

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by ENDR, Aug 20, 2013.

1. http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/07931
    Apparently the narrow double chicane is going to be turned into a single medium-speed corner out of safety concerns - quite a few cars have caught air on those kerbs and they even defeated Kimi back in 2008.
    I think it's a good idea. The track already has enough of such slow and narrow corners and this chicane didn't really bring anything to the whole layout (maybe except creating lots of opportunities to take a photo of an F1 car with its wheels off the tarmac). Also, I can't remember a game/sim with this chicane done right. It always seems to be too wide or the kerbs aren't high enough and you can take the whole thing pretty much in a straight line.
    I just hope, that Codemasters rework the track before in time before F1 2013 release (OR do it with a patch later). :)

2. To bad, was a bit of skill involved getting that one absolutely spot on.
    If you miss it you will end up in the wall. Now a boring corner instead.

3. No more Singapore sling???

Boring!

4. F1 2013 has actually already been updated according to the developers

5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

If it were for me they erased the entire track. One of the few races on the modern calendar that I have never enjoyed for a minute.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Now if they only to modify about 25 other corners on the track, it could actually be a race I wanna watch.. :whistling: