SimXperience Motion Sim Series Q+A Thread

ECCI have been called one of the best wheels you can buy for quite some time. They are supposed to be very well built and highly accurate. The question is do you need that level of accuracy? From what I have been hearing around here the G27 is not too shabby either.

Upvote 0
I really want to make sure that an F1 seating version is not coming out soon. I will be selling my current two race rigs and purchasing this motion one before the year is up. If the Open wheel seating version comes out in the next twelve months, I will be very upset. If not, then no regrets on this purchase. ...guess I will be making some phone calls over the next few days.

Upvote 0
Eddie, even if it comes out next week mate, I am posative that Berney will make it retro fit'able.
You will have lots of fun with the rig mate, trust me. You will not notice the seating position at all... (Or I'll give you your money back...: )
COme one, make that call dude
George

Upvote 0
I will contact Berney in the next few days. I have a sneaking suspicion though (based from what I have seen on other similar type of motions sims) that the simulated physical forces created are probably greatly reduced or virtualy eliminated when one's body is in a reclined 'open-wheel' position. ...and that a more upright seating position has greater advantages in this area. ...and that the immersive brain trick/fooling more that compensates for this lack of 'open-wheel' body position (according to you George). If I could just be 100% sure on this. It doesn't have to be a secret; you know, an "it is what it is" answer would be just fine and really good with me. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I tried to get ahold of Berney or anyone else through the Simexperience website on their customer support and customer sales links three different times, but no luck. Does anyone have their company phone number? Or have they gone out of business due to the poor economy, which if this is the case I lucked out and lost no money. This happened to me with another sim company and was unfortunately out/lost $1,300.00.

Upvote 0
Bum Emails

Hi Eddie,

We are far from out of business. In the last few days, we received a few messages from your email address with no content. Naturally, our systems marked these as spam and therefore grouped all inquiries from your email address and placed them as low priority.

In the future, I would suggest not sending blank messages so our system doesn't consider you a spammer and send you to the back of our customer service queue.

Upvote 0
Mr. Villers,
I re-sent you a message Sunday afternoon. It is the original one from the first text. Apparently I am learning to use my new DroidX smartphone, so I apologize for it coming to you blank. I hope that you recieved it this time. Also, does your company have a phone number to speak with you or a customer representative so that serious potential customers have a way of communicating on a more personal level and to make it a more complete professional/customized experience (so nothing is lost in translation and not a need for long detailed typed messages). I thank you very much.
sincerely, Ed d'Agliano-Luna aka eddiespag

Upvote 0
Phone Support

Hi Eddie,

We do not offer telephone support for our Do-It-Yourself simulators although quite often we do wind up making exceptions to the rule. In the future, we may offer pay per incident or contract based phone support for those who don't wish to communicate via email or our support forums or have mission critical business scenarios that require a 4 hour response or less. At present, this is only offered for Sim Center customers.

In general, we prefer our support forums or customer service email as a means of asking these questions since it allows us to keep our costs and therefore our customers costs down. Additionally, other users may find previous questions and answers useful resulting in a time savings for everyone when they can find their answer with a quick forum search. We think this model is working since 1 of every 50 or so customers actually finds a need to post or email us and all of our follow-up surveys result in great reviews of the support mechanism. In short, this mechanism allows just a few people to provide more answers per day than would be possible on the telephone and allows us to keep our customers satisfied while still having time to innovate.

Upvote 0
Well, I did it. Ordered a Stage I from Berney. It has arrived and it is beautiful. Great workmanship and packaging was second to none.. Great job you guys. Now on with the build. 3- 32" screens on the way. Seat is here and waiting for wheel and PC to show up. Wanted a stage III but finances wouldn't allow it right now. I'm stoked and hope to get it all up and running asap.. Wish me luck..
Bob

Upvote 0
Hello all
Well, have all pieces and parts. Stage I, 3-32" VIZIO TV's, G-27 w/pedals, new PC w/ 2-6950's, windows 7, ect. All set up. Have issue with TV aspect ratios and windows seems to have a couple issues with plug and play and updating. But will get them worked out.. Havent got motion up and running yet, but do have 3 screens running and only Dirt 3 right now, but what a great way to race.What a sensation. . I love it and will only get better I know.. If you check in here Berney, thanks for all your help.. I am new to sim racing, motion and Windows.. have been mac people.. lol so its a challenge on all ends.

Upvote 0
Well its time i stopped lurking and introduce myself,I bought a Simx stage 4 kit from one of Bernies Australian dealers (Martin Weare)
he done me a great deal,I, as a lot of people did drew up countless plans before deciding to go the easy way and buy a DIY kit,i suppose the main reason was I really knew nothing about Building and getting one going,I suppose this way I can (and am) chopping and changing it to suit me,My aim from the start was to have the best of everything in my sim,I have a full fabrication shop at my disposal so anything i want to build I can,any way enjoy these few pics of my initial buildup and I will post more as I get time to,Hopefully somebody on here will be able to help me with what Im certain will be future problems and questions.
Cheers Shane.
DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes