SimXperience AccuForce wheel sneak peek

wheel button box.jpg

Berney Villars of SimXperience released a sneak peek of the new AccuForce direct drive wheel system, which is set to go on the market around the end of this year. The sneak peek included some details on the button box and quick release, both of which will be included with the Pro and Momo packages.

accuforce wheel button box back.jpg

From SimXperience Developers' Blog -

"Button Box Features

-12 long-life buttons

-Raised button modules optimize ergonomics by placing the buttons closer to your fingers than is possible on a traditional flat plate.

-Extremely rigid design (I weigh in over 220lbs and am able to stand on it without causing damage)

-Easily adjusted upper button modules facilitate simple bolt-on of many different steering wheels

-Adjustable machined aluminum shifters with carbon fiber paddles (throw, paddle width and switch engagement point can be adjusted)

-Optional attachment for phone cord style connector (useful if a non-SimXperience quick release is utilized)

-USB port

-Facilitates mounting of optional phone holder or SLI style USB displays.

-DIY and Modder Friendly

quick release.jpg

Quick Release

-Precision machined Aluminum

-6 spring-loaded hard gold pins enable transfer of power, USB and the SimXperience communication protocol through the quick release

-Extremely durable"

The AccuForce prices are set to be under $2,000 (listed below) and SimXperience will give an $89 "loyalty discount" to anyone who has previously purchased SimVibe, a Stage Motion Simulator, or a GS-4 G Seat from SimXperience.

AccuForce Pro MOMO Edition - $1949
AccuForce Pro - $1749
AccuForce DIY - $1449

The AccuForce appears to be a potential game-changer for affordable direct drive wheels. I'll be looking forward to getting my hands on one, and if it turns out as good as they say it will be, this is sure to be a revolutionary sim racing component.

Really hope SimX don't start selling these yet as I'm not ready.

I've got my surgey appointment next Thursday.

Once they've extracted one of my kidneys and I've sold it on Ebay I should be good to go!

Upvote 0
I'm going for the PRO... $300 for a nice looking all-around racing wheel. I just hope other wheels easily fit around the buttons. Keep in mind the Fanatec BMW GT2 is $249 ($400 for the 918)
-

The quick release looks just like NRG's... minus usb contacts..

View attachment 74517
What it may look like installed
View attachment 74518
https://getnrg.com/products/quick-release-kits/gen-2.5/srk-250bk
It does look like that. Yeah going to grab a pro also or the base unit and grab my own rims.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing