Simvibe setup

Did anyone get a satisfactory Simvibe setup with SCE? I've been trying for weeks but some of the effects seem to have no output. I'm running the steam version

Working Simvibe effects:
- Engine Vibration
- Gear Change
- Suspension bump surges (but there seems to be very limited velocity difference, so hardly any difference when driving on tarmac or off road)
- Impacts

Not working for me:
- Road bumps
- Suspension bumps

Any clues? The Simvibe forum is very inactive so I'm posting this here as well..

So Simvibe doesnt fully work with SCE? Im in the process of buying a Buttkicker Gamer 2 to use it with Simvibe with this sim among others, would be a shame if I dont get the full potential out of it with SCE.

I will say this again. Use simvibe 3, it works fine with GSCE, for some reason simvibe 4 doesn't
extract the telemetry correctly, it's primary support is for Iracing and everything else is marginally supported from a tech standpoint. This is an extremely small company and there is nothing else on the market, sometimes you have to use workarounds. I use simvibe 4 for for rf2, iracing and 3 for gsce,it's not a big deal. :thumbsup:

Edit: remember Sim Commander 4 is still in beta.

Last edited:
Simvibe 4 has been the focus of development for more than a year now. V3 doesn't get updates anymore and recent games aren't supported. I don't even know if it runs on Windows 10. Besides its a hassle to use the two programmes together (for me).

Accepting the current situation means that bugs don't get reported and we'll stay in twilight zone, so instead I simply reported it so it will be fixed in 4. Problem solved.

And simvibe 4 supports rFactor 2 brilliantly, as you say, so it's not just suited for iRacing.

Your stance is baffling, it works fine in 3 , I have reported it for gsce in 4 , 3 works on 10, there is no difference other than 2 icons on your desktop. You are not reading, I said I use 4 for rf2, I was talking about tech support. (Have you heard back from them, cause I haven't). If you don't want to use it , then don't. I use it for the vibration not because it fits into some nice little sim package. have fun, cya

Your stance is baffling, it works fine in 3 , I have reported it for gsce in 4 , 3 works on 10, there is no difference other than 2 icons on your desktop. You are not reading, I said I use 4 for rf2, I was talking about tech support. (Have you heard back from them, cause I haven't). If you don't want to use it , then don't. I use it for the vibration not because it fits into some nice little sim package. have fun, cya

Yes, I have heard back from them or wouldn't have stated that it is filed. And I did read your posts and it's easy to interpret the thing about "tech standpoint" quite differently.

But I do think we can respect each other's stances, no need to judge. I'm very happy with what I get from Simvibe in rF2 right now and willing to wait until SCE has proper support in v4. I'm not complaining at all.

The fact that they are a small shop means they cannot support and update the 2 versions in parallel. For that reason I choose to not invest time in setting things up in v3 but focus my efforts on 4 since that has been the focus of development for a long time. My time is limited as well.

Putting some more attention to it here and on the SimXperience forum could improve support for SCE so we all get a better experience beyond just iRacing. New users will have a more straight forward path to success so adoption can improve.

I hope we can just support each other here instead of questioning each other's views.

it's cool, but it's not your POV that I have a problem with, its misinformation. Making people think that it doesn't work and it does.
So Simvibe doesnt fully work with SCE? Im in the process of buying a Buttkicker Gamer 2 to use it with Simvibe with this sim among others, would be a shame if I dont get the full potential out of it with SCE.

They know there is an issue with 4 and have for a long time You making a stance with them is fine but I would suggest that the more people buying it with proper info is better for all of us. :)

I will say this again. Use simvibe 3, it works fine with GSCE, for some reason simvibe 4 doesn't
extract the telemetry correctly, it's primary support is for Iracing and everything else is marginally supported from a tech standpoint. This is an extremely small company and there is nothing else on the market, sometimes you have to use workarounds. I use simvibe 4 for for rf2, iracing and 3 for gsce,it's not a big deal. :thumbsup:

Edit: remember Sim Commander 4 is still in beta.
Thanks for the clarification.

After doing some more experimentation I found the culprit. For now, the workaround is to set the intensity slider to at least 99.5% for the effects that have the issue. This is necessary for the following effects in Simvibe 4:

- Road bumps
- Front suspension bumps
- Impacts

In detail from the simxperience forum:

I think I just found the problem.. It's the sensitivity setting. I'm used to tuning it down by default to a < 99% value (Simvibe seems to default <= 99% as well for most effects) and start from there. Just now I put them to the maximum (> 99%) and then there is proper feedback for suspension bumps, suspension texture and road bumps. So basically the whole spectrum from nothing to max is available in the last % point.

The other effects don't suffer from this.

I managed to get a satisfactory profile dialed in. If anyone's interested, It's a chassis only profile available through the owners club under "Game Stock Car BU V2".

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%