1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simvibe setup

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Bram Ueffing, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Did anyone get a satisfactory Simvibe setup with SCE? I've been trying for weeks but some of the effects seem to have no output. I'm running the steam version

Working Simvibe effects:
    - Engine Vibration
    - Gear Change
    - Suspension bump surges (but there seems to be very limited velocity difference, so hardly any difference when driving on tarmac or off road)
    - Impacts

Not working for me:
    - Road bumps
    - Suspension bumps

Any clues? The Simvibe forum is very inactive so I'm posting this here as well..

2. JeffL

JeffL
    Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

use simcommander 3

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I'd rather stay with just SC4 - I don't see why it shouldn't work with that? Anyone got it to work with 4?

4. JeffL

JeffL

Ok

5. It's filed as a bug now by SimXperience so they will look into it. Will update this thread when it's fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. So Simvibe doesnt fully work with SCE? Im in the process of buying a Buttkicker Gamer 2 to use it with Simvibe with this sim among others, would be a shame if I dont get the full potential out of it with SCE.

7. JeffL

JeffL

I will say this again. Use simvibe 3, it works fine with GSCE, for some reason simvibe 4 doesn't
    extract the telemetry correctly, it's primary support is for Iracing and everything else is marginally supported from a tech standpoint. This is an extremely small company and there is nothing else on the market, sometimes you have to use workarounds. I use simvibe 4 for for rf2, iracing and 3 for gsce,it's not a big deal. :thumbsup:

Edit: remember Sim Commander 4 is still in beta.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  8. Simvibe 4 has been the focus of development for more than a year now. V3 doesn't get updates anymore and recent games aren't supported. I don't even know if it runs on Windows 10. Besides its a hassle to use the two programmes together (for me).

Accepting the current situation means that bugs don't get reported and we'll stay in twilight zone, so instead I simply reported it so it will be fixed in 4. Problem solved.

And simvibe 4 supports rFactor 2 brilliantly, as you say, so it's not just suited for iRacing.

9. JeffL

JeffL

Your stance is baffling, it works fine in 3 , I have reported it for gsce in 4 , 3 works on 10, there is no difference other than 2 icons on your desktop. You are not reading, I said I use 4 for rf2, I was talking about tech support. (Have you heard back from them, cause I haven't). If you don't want to use it , then don't. I use it for the vibration not because it fits into some nice little sim package. have fun, cya

10. SimVibe here, SimCom 3, GSCE ... 9 bass shakers .... tuned them in for the V8's. all working and simply stunning. I'm sure Simxperience will get 4 working right, untill then 3's the go.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yes, I have heard back from them or wouldn't have stated that it is filed. And I did read your posts and it's easy to interpret the thing about "tech standpoint" quite differently.

But I do think we can respect each other's stances, no need to judge. I'm very happy with what I get from Simvibe in rF2 right now and willing to wait until SCE has proper support in v4. I'm not complaining at all.

The fact that they are a small shop means they cannot support and update the 2 versions in parallel. For that reason I choose to not invest time in setting things up in v3 but focus my efforts on 4 since that has been the focus of development for a long time. My time is limited as well.

Putting some more attention to it here and on the SimXperience forum could improve support for SCE so we all get a better experience beyond just iRacing. New users will have a more straight forward path to success so adoption can improve.

I hope we can just support each other here instead of questioning each other's views.

12. JeffL

JeffL

it's cool, but it's not your POV that I have a problem with, its misinformation. Making people think that it doesn't work and it does.
    They know there is an issue with 4 and have for a long time You making a stance with them is fine but I would suggest that the more people buying it with proper info is better for all of us. :)

13. Thanks for the clarification.

• Love Love x 1
  14. After doing some more experimentation I found the culprit. For now, the workaround is to set the intensity slider to at least 99.5% for the effects that have the issue. This is necessary for the following effects in Simvibe 4:

- Road bumps
    - Front suspension bumps
    - Impacts

In detail from the simxperience forum:

I managed to get a satisfactory profile dialed in. If anyone's interested, It's a chassis only profile available through the owners club under "Game Stock Car BU V2".

• Beer Beer x 1