Simvibe+Buttkicker with RSRBR

Hello all!

I have been playing mostly iRacing for some time. I got Simvibe+Buttkicker for it and it is amazing. Now I installed RSRBR once again and couldn't get the simvibe to work properly with it. With original cars and tracks it works fine (without RScenter). But I love driving the NGP cars and BTB tracks. So my question is that is it possible to get the Simvibe+Buttkicker compo to work with these?

To clarify:
Simvibe works when I start the game from RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe and use the original cars/tracks. With RScenter it doesn't work at all. Any solution for this?

I know nothing of how Simvibe+Buttkicker's support for RBR actually works and how it's carried out and I think there's no way for me to get to know it better so you'd probably have to explain it to me. So when the manufacturer added a support for RBR SSE some years ago, how exactly did they do it?

Because in general - and right now I can't think of anything else but I've forgot more than I've learned - when things are working in RBR but not in RSCenter, it means that a component has a dedicated .dll file in the Plugins folder that then gets renamed by RSCenter (from .dll to .no) because it's not included in a small set of supported plugins: http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16742

And if this is the case, at day's end I don't think there are any realistic solutions except to ditch RSRBR. You may try to deny the writing rights and whatnot in the file properties and you may try to duplicate the dll file but rename the other one as a .no in a hope that RSCenter wouldn't then be able to rename it. But as I said, I very much doubt you'd get anywhere because I tried these with WorkerBee's TrainingDay (that is not supported by RSRBR) and RSCenter didn't play ball.

Last edited:
Well, obviously from what you've told so far, it would work, wouldn't it? But if I knew exactly what I wanted to know, I could probably go one better and recommend installing RBRTM but that's mere speculation now.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 222 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 116 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%