1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

simulation Steering

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 4' started by Andrew Skinner, Oct 16, 2011.

1. has anybody tried this yet. i have and its a lot of fun and hard work, also good for drifting as well, you really feel the understeer and oversteer of the car, im never going back to normal, this is just too much fun
  2. I've only tried sim steering. I love to drift the Sierra :).
  3. Gaz

Xbox: CrazyGaz76 Premium Member

I haven't tried the others just Sim steering.
  4. Only full sim, no aids eccept braking lines. Ya the sim steering is great you can really feel when the car breaks loose with a wheel.:cool:
  5. I love tank-slapping :p
  6. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

Sim all the way for me! Love the responsiveness you feel from losing it to gaining traction. Using the Fanatec GT2 wheel with Logitech G27 pedals and it's awesome playing this game like this!

7. Oh yaaaa.....Fanatec gt2 w/ clubsport pedals, manual shift w/clutch, full sim only breaking line.....SWEEEEET:cool:
  8. Braking line ?

Why does everyone use that crap ! XD
  9. with the simulation steering the output using the wheel seems to be much more responsive but also can leave you with a lot of understeer in tricky situations, i have tried without the Sim steering but IMO the cars become sloppy in the corners and dont do what i want, but using the controller i have barely noticed the difference with the option on or off though, saying that i hardly use the controller to race anyway
  10. Don't have full version of the game yet but can someone explain to me what is meant by sim steering? What other form of steering is there?
  11. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

It means steering will feel more true to life. You will feel understeer,oversteer better, hence like driving a real car. Cars will feel more squirrely but now you are feeling the true response of whatever car you are driving. Bottom line,it won't feel arcadish.
  12. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

I've heard of trailbraking but what is braking line?:tongue::D
  13. H,

I believe it is the super imposed line the game creates on the track to show the ideal driving line and is green to suggest throttle and red to suggest brake. IMO, its a useful training aid but no more, but some folks like to use it constantly.

Personally, due to space limitations, its the XBOX360 controller for me (using button Configuration 6) with all aids off, simulation steering and only the auto-clutch to make the manual gear changes a little less stressful, lol.