Simulaje JZ quick release, G25/G27 - advise and details

Mo Selvarajah

aliensimracer
well this is really for g25/g27 owners obviously.
I was wondering if you've had any experience with Simulaje's JZ quick release mechanism, and how you've all modified your wheels?
http://simulaje.blogspot.com.es/

some pics, details, prices, where you got the parts from, would be really nice.
hopefully this will be the go-to thread for anything Simulaje related.

im in the process of ordering a system from Juan and I have a ton of questions, hoping someone on here can join the pieces.....

so come on guys...post your Simulaje creations here!

No pics right now... :-D

I got a set from Juan about a month ago, and I love it.
Really easy to install, very sturdy construction and it just works.

The really cool thing, is that the connector in this QR is a d-sub/vga type, which means that it can support a G27-rim plus 2 usb-connections, if needed.
Mine is only wired with 1 usb-connection and the g27-rim, though. Plenty for me :-D

I paid around 150-160 euros, for a complete set for 2 rims, including an adapter-plate for the SRW-S1 (which becomes an awesome wheel, when mounted to a G27!!! :D )

Upvote 0
Theoretically yes... if you are able to get 2 usb-cables through the shaft... :D
Remember to tell Juan that you want this option when ordering...

well thank you for this, is there any chance you could expand on the connections, and the principles behind it?
ive never wired anything like this before, and Juans english isn't 100% lol (although i cannot speak a word of Spanish!)

Basically im undecided whether to use g25/g27 and so want the option of swapping between them

what i want to use with QR
g25 base: g25 rim (stock) + additional fancy rim (with SLI pro/button plate/logitech paddle shifters)
OR
g27 base: g27 rim (stock) + additional fancy rim (with SLI pro/button plate/logitech paddle shifters)

(regarding the logitech paddle shifters, i have spares, so its not like i'll need to remove them from the logitech rims)

The problem i've got is Derek Speare only does button plates compatible with g27.
However simracinghardware.com can do a customised thing, but i need to tell Juan what connectors/wires i need.

scenario
so i plan to put the JZ QR system on the g25 base first, see how it feels with Both wheels, then transfer the system to the g27 base, see how it feels with both wheels.

simracinghardware.com have advised me that SLI Pro needs '4 wire connections' (USB), and the button plate runs Through SLI Pro.

So - what do I tell Juan?
I know I need the 'JZ FULL' for 90 Euro, + JZ Medium for the 2nd rim.
But what about for connections required?
and what connections do i need so i can transfer from g25 base to g27 base and back again if i want?

Really hoping you can help me out here Lars! Or know a Spanish translator that can translate this all perfectly.......

Ive made a diagram to explain better.
EYf0iV2.jpg

Upvote 0
well,
ive just bought:
£
sim seat 200
g27 120
fanatec clubsport v2 pedals 100
spare g27 0
fuel delivery 50
momo wheel 157
button plate 20
buttons/cables/connectors 67
sli pro 100
JZ QR system 152
mods to sim seat 50

total spend so far = £1k

need to buy 3x 37inch monitors + a more powerful graphics card, but that would be another £1240.....so will have to wait.

parts all ordered. Sim seat was 2nd hand off ebay, the GT Omega Pro, which I'm going to modify - raise pedals significantly, to turn it into F1 style, and try and raise the front of the seat so it is pivoted at an angle.

g27/fanatec pedals also was second hand.
(guy sold this and the sim seat AND a spare dodgy g27 for spares, for a package of £420 - good deal I thought!)

as for the 2nd rim - this is going to be a challenge. I need to drill the holes and wire it up myself - i hope its easy. Going to use the paddle shifters from a spare g27, and transplant that onto the Momo wheel.

i plan to video the whole thing (finally got a tripod) so i'll post videos showing build process, full details on parts ordered and where from - a full guide basically.
watch this space!

thanks to Juan Zapata, he's been awesome, answered all my questions: http://simulaje.blogspot.com.es/

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back