Simsteering 52 v1, Accuforce v1 or simucube1

Hi
I'm looking for advice, I'm looking for a DD unit, my current list is as follows

Bodnar simsteering system 52 (version 1)
An Accuforce v1
Or a simucube1.

Can any help me choose between the 3?.

I know very little about the bodnar system and I am assuming that all of these are second hand?

The SC1 systems are all basically the same if they have a small or large mige attached and have performed very well over time. There are some things to look for on the SC1. Which motor and depending on the age what is the encoder on it. Unless its very early the encoder is probably not something to you you off.

I have used the AF a little and personally I would go direct to a proper servo like the other two. I did not like the notch feeling from the AF when you did things like fast counter steering. Thats something you will never feel in the other ones.

Also the other ones you can always turn down the power, you can't turn up the AF power so if you are not someone that hsa actually had hands on experience and knows what they really want in the power department then sc1 and bodnar are better bets there.

Assuming that the bodnar is priced higher, I would just go for the SC1 imo.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I'd go for SC1 for sure, had Small Mige before myself before moving to SC2, it's a very capable system that you can dampen to hell to simulate SS1. Plus there is even still some support for it from GD, they've just released updated FW. Of course if you have the ability, go straight for SC2, it's well worth it over older DIY system.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thanks all for the feedback,
Yes all units were going to be purchased used,

So it looks likes it's down to the simsteering, sc1 or even a used sc2

Interested to hear from someone that has or has used a simsteering version 1

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I've spotted this on ebay, it says it's "sumucube" predecessor... But the motor looks nothing like simucubes, advice?

Motor is small Mige, same most people use with SC1. Controller is Argon, this is original OSW design by Bernhard Berger.
It's a bit old but does the job. I had one, no complaints.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I wouldnt buy an original osw these days, will most certainly be an older encoder on the motor and the firmware is quite dated/software older. Just go for the SC1 over this.
Yes, MMOs only support up to 10K encoders which is what the listed item has. The difference going higher might not be that great though, I haven't noticed much stepping from 5k to 10K.
But yeah, if you can find SC1 for that price. it's a better buy.

Upvote 0
I went this route.
don’t look at the raw NM numbers. SC2 Sport is pretty much as powerful as small mige but has newer firmware, comes with QR and wireless out of the box. Try to find a used one in the marketplace here or elsewhere. I tried Fanatec, SC1 DIY and SC2 Pro and I ended up back with SC2. And I found an SC2 Pro with less than two months of use for $1100 USD shipped. That’s almost $500 less than MSRP before shipping.
If you try to find one used, you could save a lot and get quite a good deal.
It might take time, but you only need to get lucky once.

I wouldn’t spend more than $700 on a used SC1 but I would definitely choose it over the Accuforce or SS1 just because despite its age, it’s one of the smoothest DD’s out there and it’s the most feature rich/modern of the three you listed.

Upvote 0
I was looking at similar options and ultimately went with a Bodnar SimSteering setup. It has the longest history and hence is one of the most reliable setups and has by far the highest pedigree as it is what all of the f1 teams use in-house for their own sims.

I also liked that it just works right out of the box. For most of the other options I found tons of threads on the forums of people asking others for help with settings and trying to find a magical permutation of configuration values because the FFB didn't feel quite right. The reviews on the Bodnar universally noted how it just works right out of the box, even without changing the settings at all, which I found to be quite true after using it with multiple sims, which as a SW engineer myself I suspect is due the excellent job they did in their firmware and drivers, so there are relatively configuration values to tweak as a result.

The newer DD wheels have a ton of configuration values that the user needs to adjust because they haven't invested in as much tuning and testing yet as Bodnar has over the years so it's up more to the user to invest time and energy to discover what the optimal configuration settings are. With the Bodnar they've tested it and gotten feedback from real world f1 drivers so the optimal algorithm is already included. With the newer options, you effectively are finishing the algorithm for them by coming up with what you think are the optimal values for numerous configuration settings on your own.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Upvote 0

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 151 86.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 28 16.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 51 29.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 61 35.1%