'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Noticed a way to improve the bumps in AC, may be relevant to other titles too?
Even with a decent amp volume, I needed about 40% or more volume in SSW to feel some buffets or small bumps, that with a lower volume setting for me are just not felt.
I keep Sensitivity at 0%

Not sure if the values used can be tweaked to help improve "low-value bumps/buffets" to be felt more?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Andre,

Have the trial version, am a SimVibe user, and I cannot get the program to select a sound card, at all. Any ideas? Area is greyed out. I tried downloading that file suggested on the help page, but nothing seems to help it for now.

Upvote 0
here mate...

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    361.2 KB · Views: 372
Upvote 0
I actually was able to select a sound card just now taking the screen shot for you. But I get this error message. I will try boot a game and see if it picks it up.

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    243.7 KB · Views: 308
Upvote 0
Late here, time for bed but I think I discovered the issue with my 6 Channel mode not working/crashing.
I had some files in the Audio/Custom 6 Folder that were not saved as 6 Channel files.

Seems the software will crash if a folder has a file that does not have the corresponding saved "Channel Configuration" As another example a 2 channel file placed in the 1 Folder.

Will continue on with testing and hoping some others will test some of the files I create to we find out how they work on various tactile transducer units if they need to be modified/changed.

Look forward to trying more than 2 channels also.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's it. The exclusive control enabled me to select the channels. Will give it a test now! I think it only allows me to use 2 channels for now.
If I remember correctly, in demo mode you can try any features out, but for 6 channels you will need ASIO drivers for the sound card installed.

Upvote 0
Mr. Latte, I have been using your custom .wav files and downloaded from here...https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/p/ssw.html and the seat feels very good. I have been following this blog and see that you have still been making adjustments...any chance of sending the new .wav files to Andre for us to try :) ?

The game that really shines for me with the Jetseat is iRacing. I have tried used it with AC, AMS, and rFactor 2 as well. But I really like what it adds to iRacing the best because I always wanted more "road" feeling from that sim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mr. Latte, I have been using your custom .wav files and downloaded from here...https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/p/ssw.html and the seat feels very good. I have been following this blog and see that you have still been making adjustments...any chance of sending the new .wav files to Andre for us to try :) ?

The game that really shines for me with the Jetseat is iRacing. I have tried used it with AC, AMS, and rFactor 2 as well. But I really like what it adds to iRacing the best because I always wanted more "road" feeling from that sim.

Ryan I would be delighted to send you the newer files but before submitting these for official download, or if =Andre= wanted to use. I would prefer to have people with various tactile give me feedback to tweak or improve them. At the moment they are set for 2 channel as I am still having issues myself getting 6 channel mode to work on my setup.

It would be very good to get your feedback from other sims as well, yes and much appreciated.
See your PM

Upvote 0
I've now got another new profile, with improvements in several effects.
Really coming together now, found better detailing with latest trials/tests and different effects having their own unique feel.

Also solved the issue with Clark TST models and crunching/crack type sounds including humming from some tones. For the SSW sound-card simply use EQ to turn down any frequency sliders from 250Hz onwards

Suggestion:
It may actually be a nice feature for transducers if we could within SSW, set a LOW PASS FILTER possibly by simple preset. Using a crossover feature to select a MAX crossover for eg 130Hz / 100Hz / 80Hz / 60H / 50Hz. This would help accommodate the issue with the Clark TST models or if a user for any reason wanted to restrict the frequencies output as some models are more audible than others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here is my latest set if anyone wants to try.
I do not know how well these will work when used/converted for the Jet Seat but they do work very well on my own tactile. For me with testing done in Assetto Corsa I believe these files/settings now surpass the tactile feedback on what the car is doing and how the bumps feel compared to my Simvibe.

ENJOY!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1zQBk3uQg1db0VsSnhUTS1lUjg

NOTE:
Ensure the volume on your sound card is not that high, try with 30% and work up to higher level if needed. I currently only have my Asus DGX set at 30% volume.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1zQBk3uQg1db0VsSnhUTS1lUjg

Here is an example of individual effects settings I used.

Your preference and required values may differ:

Test On:
Clark Synthesis TST 429
Buttkicker BK-LFE
Assetto Corsa
Mount Panorama Circuit
Various Cars Tested

I have also been testing various "Gear Effects" from short and punchy to a double thump or slower and more coarse feeling.

Currently, SSW software does not support loading of different "Car Profiles" but only profiles saving the position of the sliders above using the same files. Therefore at present to make different files for various cars would mean having to manually change all the files in the appropriate folder.

This would be another request I have to be considered for the future.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Another Update with version V 3.1
These are temp links btw to files I have shared.

=Andre= you are welcome to use this V3.1 if you want/like.

Get it HERE

New Changes To Ver 3.1
1. Different Gear Change effect
2. More detailed acceleration
3. Much more aggressive weight to braking/deceleration

I will now try and focus on getting 6 channel mode working on my own system before continuing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%