'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
@=Andre= I do strongly agree with what @Mr Latte asks concerning engine. Not necessarily towards the proposed solution, but surely towards A solution. Engine effect seriously lacks sensation and needs to be fixed if SSW wants to be a contender tactile telemetry software and not a complementary option for the other one.
Sounds pretty offending, taking into account time and efforts I've spent recently to re-factor the Engine Beat effect. Have you tried it or still keeping it off?

Do you really think SSW is a complementary option? I would not say so.

Upvote 0
Possible Bug Issue?

Engine Beat
Setting RPM to 0% for activating old "engine beat 1" (3) .
However if trying to set a different value after this, the "engine beat 1" (3) still remains with "engine beat 2" (7) then also activated.

To stop "engine beat 1" operating requires closing the control panel to reset SSW.

This gave me an idea.........
Maybe something productive can be done with this? Do you think Andre we could try to implement such for harmonic purposes? I cant see anyone wanting to use the original engine beat 1. Yet is a possibility effect 3 could be created to act as a paired harmonic of effect 7. Not entirely sure it would work but heck Im all for trying stuff.

Or do we try to convince you to convert (3) into a speed based engine effect.
I gotta keep asking :)
Yes, seems to be a minor bug.
I think you can use it as is for a while to prove the idea.

Speed based FX? Possible, but surely not in this season. I've explained you my reasons in our private conversation.

Upvote 0
@=Andre= I am sorry if you felt my message was offensive, I reassure you that surely was not my intention. I have great respect of you as a developer, paying close attention to the community's feedback to make your software better. I think it pays off and you probably can see it that too.

As for the engine feedback yes, I have tested it and something just doesn't feel right. Indeed it is much better to the initial engine beat which was totally unnatural. I cannot offer specific suggestions, that's why I can only hope for it to be fixed with the suggestions of others, since I do believe it's the most basic effect for tactile.

Once again, keep up the good work, and take a break as well if you need it. Happy holidays :)

Upvote 0
Yes, seems to be a minor bug.
I think you can use it as is for a while to prove the idea.

Speed based FX? Possible, but surely not in this season. I've explained you my reasons in our private conversation.

Yes indeed Andre, you have added changes and updates MUCH faster than any of us imagined or expected. So once again thank you for this.

Some patience or time to wait isn't a problem at all. Any profiles made can easily be updated with new improved engine effects if/when such is updated or added.

We can utilise and benefit from audio tactile engines being mixed with SSW effects but on some configs and tactile. It seems finding a good balance for both, isn't always easy or can mudify SSW''s own tactile effects. Although theirs a whole topic of conversation in this alone.

If people have a choice of different .wav for engine effect. I am sure most people will find something that feels engaging.

Upvote 0
25467585_2019818801582883_1129043714_o.jpg

Upvote 0
I would not say that's a pleasant task for me to deal with a restricted version if a full version is available. Please excuse me.

Hmm... i didn't expect it to be very difficult to make SSW recognize the pCARSDemo2.exe the same as pCARS2.exe. My bad. :redface:

It would have just been nice to see how good SSW works in pCars2 before buying pCars2.

Upvote 0
Hmm... i didn't expect it to be very difficult to make SSW recognize the pCARSDemo2.exe the same as pCARS2.exe. My bad. :redface:

It would have just been nice to see how good SSW works in pCars2 before buying pCars2.

SSW works great with Pcars2..well it does in my setup.
Also great in iracing too.

I'm very pleased on the whole with SSW although still feel engine could be better.

Upvote 0
Merry Christmas..

THANK YOU for all the hard work.. Andre and Mr Latte.

I am sat in my rig typing after a brilliant session round Monza using Hazlenut & Cream ( MID ENGINE)
Cranked the engine up to 50% in SSW ..Fabulous it is too.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years