'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
So decided to start doing what I should have done in the beginning.
While I have messed around with some files and shared, be they basic tones or indeed over complexed it has all been just part of experimenting. I continue to learn as I have been wrong in my own assessment of some things.

Wheel Slip
I have now studied the log values for "Wheel Slip" by doing multiple burnouts with a different threshold and gain settings to then compare how each setting affected the values.

Has this finally given me better understanding of determining the operation of these controls for this effect? That they represent the potential scope of resolution used for the effect and how much variation in steps of gain it can have from the smallest - highest values?

Then, based on how much amplitude the effect has been created with in "Audacity" can determine what the effects potential MIN & MAX strength will be.

I need to correct some of my own previous thoughts or points in this thread.
What has not been clearly conveyed and I am seeking to know is the relationship between

• Understanding the log values to better determine how each effect operates
  • Effects Gain Control is not related to +/- dB output as previously thought but effects MAX point
  • Determining how Gain alters steps in variation, available from smallest - largest values
  • Determining how Threshold alters the digital crossover point within smallest - biggest values
  • Best potential Amplitudes for each effect (waveform) when created in Audacity

I have created a casual PM CHAT GROUP on the forums here for my own "Shaker/Tactile" continued testing. @=Andre= Consider it like an "Unofficial Performance Group" :)

This keeps my own testing ramblings away from interrupting this or other threads. Also with limited or lack of responses for feedback on previous test files happening in public, be it here or via the Official Facebook page. Such perhaps will work better in a small friendly group.

I have some members starting their tactile journeys (using various levels of hardware) willing to help but I would reserve a few more places if anyone wants to take part. They can PM me if so. My intentions are simply to share what I can learn but gain feedback from users with different tactile units to help then generate .wav files that will work well on specific models of tactile hardware. Also to have these created ready to go for all channel configurations.

For me this is part fun and hobby but we have the ability to bring very good tactile to people and to offer superbly built and tested files to use for all of the effects.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Request To Consider:
Main Control Screen To Have

Mute All
Power/Reset Button

I am finding still in 6 Channel Mode when "testing swapping files to use in effects" I have to close the launcher and then the main display individually and is becoming very tedious. It would be good for the main display to have a close/power button function that does this without having to go to "Task Manager" and close these in the proper order and manually.

Do like the new UI layout and its works very well on a touchscreen monitor. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Request To Consider:
Main Control Screen To Have

Mute All
Power/Reset Button

I am finding still in 6 Channel Mode when "testing swapping files to use in effects" I have to close the launcher and then the main display individually and is becoming very tedious. It would be good for the main display to have a close/power button function that does this without having to go to "Task Manager" and close these in the proper order and manually.

Do like the new UI layout and its works very well on a touchscreen monitor. :thumbsup:
I wonder what Mute All control should do?
Unfortunately I can not reproduce on my PC the problem making you to go to "Task Manager".
I suggest that extra controls in such a case may also not be helpful.

Upvote 0
Hey I can only ask or suggest... :)

"Mute All" to mute the soundcard being used and stop all enabled effects at once to all channels to be felt.

Not essential but handy if a user temporarily wants to suspend all vibrations to all channels without closing the software, going to their soundcard to mute or trying to turn off / turn down multiple amplifiers volumes.

Just for convenience is all
Can be used also as a good way for people to experience the "Sim" with tactile ON and then OFF

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have been too busy to play any racing game recently, and I have just updated the software, and I have edited and am using custom sound files made by Mr Latte.

The lateral acceleration effect seems a bit... too compressed? It feels like a very long stream of little vibrations and it kills some other effects.

Upvote 0
I have been too busy to play any racing game recently, and I have just updated the software, and I have edited and am using custom sound files made by Mr Latte.

The lateral acceleration effect seems a bit... too compressed? It feels like a very long stream of little vibrations and it kills some other effects.

I don't know which version of file you're using, I have been trying different things and not all have been ideal. Yet its hard to know as I got so little feedback from what was previously done. Facebook page was almost pointless in seeking feedback. So I've reverted to try some private testing with others

How some effects feel on one person's unit is not the same on all, this can depend on the Hz used within the waveform for the effect. Mainly an issue with really low frequencies under 25Hz not coming through that strong on some but can be strong on more upmarket models.

In truth some waveforms have been more complexed than needed too but is all part of the experimentation I'm doing as learning each time. Progress keeps being made though

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is it really a good idea to calculate bumps & buffets by the amount of suspension travel? Doesn't that mean that lower suspension travel causes lower effects. Cars with lower suspension travel have usually a harder supension and that should cause higher impacts.

Upvote 0
Is it really a good idea to calculate bumps & buffets by the amount of suspension travel? Doesn't that mean that lower suspension travel causes lower effects. Cars with lower suspension travel have usually a harder supension and that should cause higher impacts.
I think it was explained that the effect uses the current suspension travel as the proportion of the max travel. So a car with a stiff suspension and short max travel will have the same effect dynamics, but with more harsh transition. While a soft, street suspension with longer travel will give you a smoother effect, and also use the full dynamic range.

Upvote 0
I asked because i noticed that the (AC) Lotus classic cars have weaker bump effects than other cars which i have driven so far. Even without filtering the bump effects are barely noticeable while the FFB effects of my T500 are very strong.

Upvote 0
I asked because i noticed that the (AC) Lotus classic cars have weaker bump effects than other cars which i have driven so far. Even without filtering the bump effects are barely noticeable while the FFB effects of my T500 are very strong.

You could adjust or use a different .wav effect file with increased amplitude?

Upvote 0
You could adjust or use a different .wav effect file with increased amplitude?
Hmm, i should create my own .wav files to be used only on certain cars or adjust intensity everytime i change the car? May i have to program updates myself in the future?

Btw i would still welcome a feature that allows to select multiple dedicated soundcards. I know that there are different options to get similar results but for me it would be most comfortable.

The new version caused an Antivirus Alert and Windows 10 refused to launch the application. Could you explain why you make it so hard to find the SimShaker - Wheels.exe instead of installing the software in "Program Files"? Even with the exclusion in defender i cannot launch the new update because i am getting the message that Launcher cannot find SimShaker - Wheels.exe. Beta still works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The new version caused an Antivirus Alert and Windows 10 refused to launch the application. Could you explain why you make it so hard to find the SimShaker - Wheels.exe instead of installing the software in "Program Files"? Even with the exclusion in defender i cannot launch the new update because i am getting the message that Launcher cannot find SimShaker - Wheels.exe. Beta still works.
I have a good reason for that. I'm already tired to discuss that. I think I will just add some helper(s) for that matter soon. Currently please read my latest "what to do if" post in my blog https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/2017/10/antiviral-software-false-positively.html

Upvote 0
Restore and exclusions didn't change anything. And there are also no quarantined threats shown after restore.

I had the same issue, followed the instructions, restored any instances of the "detected threat".
Then restarted Windows and works fine.

Regards the .wav file and possibly having or testing a file with different amplitudes
I've not tried those cars but its good to learn if certain cars have weaker/stronger sensation.

One way with AC may be to let the AI do the driving and drive around a short track, monitor the log values. Then compare to another car. To see what differences there are in the log data.

However really, it comes down to feel and some waveforms with the Hz used can be created to help work well on specific tactile units. Certainly to a point of feeling better than the default ones.

If your up for some testing, hit me some time on PM and we can discuss.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%